Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!  (Read 6014 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I could not go to the game today as I had to work but spoke to my mate who went.

SAME OLD BL**DY STORY

Graham please change it. I said weeks, no it must be months back that if we defend we will go down and its getting worst. I can not remember many games when we have won with O'Neil in the side, get rid of him, he is maybe low in confidence but he is also sh*te. Sedgemore, there is more energy in my little finger, no heart, lazy, does not cover and pointless. Give logan a flaming go, play Whalley it ain't rocket science.

Graham will have a reason why Scotty pleyed a man marking game today but I think Graham thinks too much into tactics now a days. He  shows to much respect to teams and has negative tatics. It is knocking years off my life watching us play this season. I would rather see us at least go for it for teams from the off. Instead, we wait until we are 1,2 or 3 down before we decide we need to change it and chance the game against full time teams. It is crap tactics and will see us go down.

Graham has spoke about new faces in January, it seems like he has given up until then. We can get at least 6 points over christmas period with the games against Northwich. I would not criticise Graham if he went all out attack at least at home. I am sure most of the fans would like to see an attacking team and just bloody go for it, let us get a goal or two lead. At home we should not be playing a centre mid on the wing in Peyton, he can never take people on and will never get to the by-line, as for O'Neil on the right wing, he can't actually do anything, even up front, total garbage!!!

Team

GK Coburn

RB Lane
LB Peyton or Scotty
CB Shotton
CB Tinson

LW Logan
RW Robbie
CM Whalley
CM Val ( when fit ) whilst unfit Robbie or Peyton, I reckon Logan can even do a job on the right wing cutting in and smashing shots at the goal, Ellison always cut in and scored a lot of goals from the wing

CF Little ( short on confidence, but can change the game with a pass or goal)
CF Senior ( menance and up to now player of the season )

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

What gives you the right to criticise as you werent there to witness it in the death of winter? Graham is God so is allowed to wait until January, I think we should see what he has up his sleeves first before we question him

Bath Alty

Also two of your suggested team are currently injured according to JL (Whalley and Owen) so what would you have done today?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Also two of your suggested team are currently injured according to JL (Whalley and Owen) so what would you have done today?

Whalley came on as a second half substitute and at least looked like a midfielder who could conjure up a decent pass.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

What gives you the right to criticise as you werent there to witness it in the death of winter? Graham is God so is allowed to wait until January, I think we should see what he has up his sleeves first before we question him

I couldn't go today either, nor can I get to most games these days unfortunately. However, I still care every bit as much about the club and have a right to my opinions. You can't just deny someone a right to their opinion because they weren't there.

All this "Graham is God" business is a load of sh*te. I'm not getting on his back here and agree he needs to be given a fair chance in January. However, I am rather sick of people who think it is wrong to question tactics or other aspects of team management. It's a forum where people can state their opinions - nobody at this club is above criticism so live with it.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

unbearable  >:(

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Alty 365 is correct in his assertion..........you cannot deny somebody the right to their opinions just because they were not at the game.

However I would also like to point out; that the credibility attached to someones point of view, is somewhat diluted when the information they base their 'post' on is second hand.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I would not say we did not attack yesterdsay, we had 2 or 3 good chances in each half.

Yet again we were penalised for minor errors/ brief lack of concentration.

You say change it. but how? until we find new players there is very little we can do. with inuries there are few options?

I am fed up of hearing about Logan, a waste of space in my opinion!! Unless he can prove me wrong! Which I hope he does ;)

andyc

I did go to the game and it was the same old rubbish. We are at home in a cup tie, why not try to win the game instead of containing the opposition. I couldn't care less if we go out of the competition trying to attack from the start, at least its good to watch. We are really lacking pace and as ever especially on the left side, constantly Peyton was lacking as the full back strolled past him. We also give the ball away so much which doesn't help and O'Neill on the right does not work. I know we are down to the bare bones but surely better planning by the manager would of avoided this, injuries in the cup game next week could cost us dear against Northwich. Shotton and Coburn are the only decent players at the moment and it seems confidence is low in front of goal, please shoot instead of trying to pass the ball in the net! Also someone tell Colin Little to jump when trying to head the ball, he might just win one if he does. To sum up big changes needed if we are to have a chance of staying up, left back, right winger and centre forward the priority. As for Logan start him against Nuneaton and see what he can do, surely were not going there to defend.     

seasonticket

Which player ever won the ball in the air, concistently yesterday? A certain J. O'neil. Had Little been moved wide right instead of Joe and Joe used as atarget in the middle maybe Senior would have got something from his knock downs. Who Knows. They were just better than us. Live with it.

Longman

I thought Logan looked bright and very positive when he came on yesterday!  I really do think he should be given a chance to start a few games.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

Lets face it our hands are tied until January, but when you play 2 (or more)  players out of position what can we expect? - Scott and O'neil case in point. Add to that the fact that we at least tried something different in our "new" formation (Which didn't work) we were always going to be on a hiding to nothing. Surely it's about standing up and being counted which yesterday was not evidenced by many of the Alty players.

Defensively despite having Shotton and Tinson (who are solid) we still conceded 3 again - Add to this the second worse defence in the league and that's where we have to replace in the transfer window. A left back is a must as many have said, but Shotton has now gone (hopefully to return for the rest of the season), so who will replace him? Munroe? maybe so, but if he or Tinson gets injured then we're up the creek without a paddle.

We also need a true defensive midfielder, not scott, not val (too injury prone despite being a true servant to the club), but someone who will break play up and drive us forward.

I agree with most that Logan needs a good run out, but if the Manager doesn't have the confidence in him, then what can anyone do? I was at the game yesterday - as i have been for the majority of home game, I actually called the subs as they happened. Not because I was being a smart arse, but more so because it happens week in week out and if I know that, the surely these full-time teams who scout opposition know this.

I truely believe that we will get out of the bottom 4 this season, only because Farsley are not as good a team, but if we're not clinical in front of goal, we're not confident enough and at present are tactically inept.

I like most on this forum are passionate about Alty and will as ever continue to support them, but for gods sake the team and the management need to stand up and be counted.

Rant over!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

Can't be bothered reading through all the replies so won't comment on what "Might, have been said".

If you think we have been rubbish over the past few games then I can only assume you haven't been watching Alty long ?
We have tried to attack and if we put our chances away then things would be different... YES WE ARE CREATING CHANCES and I have seen many an Alty side that haven't even been doing that in games !.

I now know why I don't bother going on the fourm that much anymore (Just hope those that knock can praise as well if \ when we do turn this round)... and I think you'll find we were playing 4 upfront at the end to try and salvage something .. If thats not"Attacking and wanting to win" I don't know what is ??

Roll on Nunny and then Xmas Derbies ......
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:24:00 PM by gazwarrington »

Altyant

I thought Logan looked bright and very positive when he came on yesterday!  I really do think he should be given a chance to start a few games.

Id like to see Logan and Whalley get a full 90 minutes on Saturday, with a view to them starting the Vics game. Whalley definitely offers us a lot more than Sedge and hopefully if he is recovered from his injury he will get a run in the team.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

Problem being I can never see Whalley playing two games in a row as tends to get injured to easy. His distribution is brilliant and having a lawton\Owen next to him would be perfect but as I have just said I just can' see him playing that many games and could be a luxury we can't really afford.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!