News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bristol United V Liverpool Legends

Author Topic: Bristol United V Liverpool Legends  (Read 3052 times)

snapshot

« on: December 10, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »

Hi Alty fans,

Saw the above match on Sunday played at Yate Town FC here in the West Country. Liverpool won 1-0 with a goal by Paul Walsh. Jan Molby was huge but still looked awesome on the ball and Aldo hit a superb "curler" just wide. Anyway, the legends had a guest player called Allen Williams who played for "Altringham" according to the programme. Was that you? Does anyone remember him? Also played for Runcorn, Glentoran as well as Bristol M F down here.
Good luck for the rest of the season - hope you can avoid the dreaded drop.

Snapshot, FGR fan.   

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol United V Liverpool Legends
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 11:28:25 PM »

Anyway, the legends had a guest player called Allen Williams who played for "Altringham" according to the programme. Was that you?

Nope, wasn't me.  8) Anyone?

markecky

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »

Thought it might have been me....but it wasn't

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 12:59:45 AM »

i'm alan williams in as spartacus type

jimmy in london, do you think we could identify him ???? possible alty youth and teacher at ags

went on cricket tour to yate in 1991 , got drunk in sodding chipbury and was delivered back to yate cc, as surprisingly i was dropped for the first game, in a shopping trolley just in time to here the great line

the railway went to yate
it was boring wet and dreary
and currently twinned with Kuwait

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

Ah yes, I remember Al Williams, don't know whether he taught at AGS but he played a few times for the staff team when we (1st XI) used to play them sometimes. We're talking 1994-97 here. He was a very good rangy midfielder. Quite when, where, if or ecver he actually played for Alty though I don't know, but I doubt it.

snapshot

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »

Thanks for that Ballers. By the way why does everyone seem to hate "sneaky peaky"? 

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 12:25:22 AM »

Don't know, personally I think the man is a paragon of virtue, a misunderstood fighter of genuine causes for the greater advance of the footballing game. Why everyone else thinks he's a sneaky little sh*thouse who tried to save his own skin without at least having the decency to admit it, even if everyone would have had more respect for him as his position would have been understandable, and a clear liar for saying he did not want to see Alty deducted points whilst reserving his right for the the strongest possible sanctions to be taken, and trying to bleat that he had not haraunged the FA to take action when he had pressured the conference to do so which was clearly the main point and lied to everyone by saying that he had emailed EVERY conference club to that exten even if funnily enough he had missed out ONE conference club who were informed by others, thus giving the impression that he's a complete f**king weasel...

...well I really don't don't know. Maybe only he himself can answer that?

Narcissist

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:44 AM »

I just think he's a knob

alty/fc

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »

:D

markecky

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 09:27:29 AM »

Why do people think he's a knob?

Ermmm..... backhanded emails threatening the Conference with court action if they did not demote us automatically when FGR were near the relegation zone?

Emails to all clubs pushing them to do the same?

Loved the way he was "ill" on FGR's visit to Moss lane after that.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 02:53:16 PM »

if its the same al williams then yes i went to school with him. he was a very good player and proably the best in a very good school team. i think he played for cheshire and had trials with a few clubs but it didnt go anywhere. i remember him having a trial at alty and think he may have played a few reserve games. dont know if he ever taught at AGS as i havent seen him since about 1982.

the star of that AGS team of course was gareth smith the goalkeeper who did play for alty. 7 years at school with him and i scored about 5 goals!

snapshot

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 03:25:33 PM »

Mmmm.... I see why thee is so vexed. Well maybe he"s less like a f***ing weasel and more like a f***ing rat! If the said rodent is backed into a corner ( excuse the football related pun - ski ) then he loses his vaguely cute demeanour and goes straight for the proverbial jugular.
At least a couple of people can remember Al Williams........
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team