News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Questions about Alty/ the BSP

Author Topic: Questions about Alty/ the BSP  (Read 1428 times)

Not Alty but well Salty

« on: December 10, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »

1st of all, can I just say it`s good to have had a minimum of ribbing from rival clubs during Vics desperate, recent phase. Good forum, I have to say, meanwhile.
Am planning a programme piece for when Vics and Alty lock horns at the Victoria Stadium. It will hopefully represent the views of fans of various clubs towards the foot of the BSQ. (Before you ask, yes, I will be consulting my fellow supporters!)
So, I hope you can post some print-able answers to the following:
1) What do you think of your season so far?
2) Who have been your top performers?
3) What do you think about the way the old APL has gone since its inception in 1979?
4) What are your long-term hopes from Alty FC?
5) Have the ex-League clubs benefitted you at the end of the day?
6) What are your chances of staying up?
7) How many points do you think will spell `Safety`?
8) Which clubs do you think are relegation candidates?
9) What do you most like about being in the BSP?
10) Would it be the end of the world going down to Blue Square North?
11) And finally, an easy one I suspect, Who would you most like to see go down?
So please post on here or email andrew@higginson8352.fsnet.co.uk if you prefer.
Sincere thanks to anyone who can contribute to a decent article - look forward to a couple of cracking derbies between a couple of proper local non-league sides.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:31:03 PM by Not Alty but well Salty »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Alty/ the BSP
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »

Ok go on, I'll start you off

1) What do you think of your season so far?

Ask anymore questions like that son and it'll be end of interview, got that? Seriously, at the start we were a poor side, now we're playing ok but giving away silly goals and missing chances. Still and improvement though. It's made everyone tense and we all seem to be jumping on each others backs a bit which is unusual for Alty

2) Who have been your top performers?

Chris Lane, Darren Tinson, Ryan Shotton and Chris Senior, unfortunately none of them have been in form at the same time so they've had little effect.

3) What do you think about the way the old APL has gone since its inception in 1979?

Well, it was brilliant. I'm presuming you referring to the state it's in now rather than a journey through the 80s and 90s. For me, it used to be the perfect level of football for relatively large provincial towns and has been sadly diluted by the larger ex league clubs with their understandable money and the less understandable new money of those that chase the dream without deserving it. It's also badly run in far too many ways to mention.

4) What are your long-term hopes from Alty FC?

To be a viable BSP club with a sound financial base and a rallying point for the local community with the best available semi pro players. I really think averaging 1,300 crowds could be done. I see more enthusaism and recognition for Alty from youngsters now than I ever did. In short, if we could continue to grow in the next 5 years at the rate we have over the last 5 that would be grand.

* Edit - After reading the latest about Chester I'm just glad we've got decent, honest people running our club and I'll take anything that comes as long as that remains the case.

5) Have the ex-League clubs benefitted you at the end of the day?

They have. You've got to bear in mind that they don't really belong here. It's not necessarily their fault that other have tried to throw money at it. We spent 20 years trying to play the likes of York, Exeter, Cambridge, Torquay and Oxford and now we do, so yes.

6) What are your chances of staying up?

Good, we're only 2 points off safety! That's the reality of it. It's just a case of who improves the most from Christmas onwards.

7) How many points do you think will spell `Safety`?

42 possibly, certainly 46. The problem is that the bottom 5 have shipped so many points to very average sides like Woking, Rushden, Grays, Weymouth etc that they'll all get about 50+ points anyway. If one of the bottom 5 puts a bit of a surge on then you'll have absolutely no room for manouevre.

I mean, look at the table, 2 pts off Farsley but then 7 off Weymouth and 11 after the next team after that (Halifax). However, if you play you're cards right (i.e. honestly) you've always got a chance of being reprieved in this league due to the boom or bust merchants/chancers/crooks in it.

8) Which clubs do you think are relegation candidates?

The obvious 5. I think some of the lower mid table clubs really deserve to be in a relegation battle but are lucky it's such a funny (unfunny?) season. The current bottom 5 plus a club who are going to have shenanigans and problems in the second half of the season (take your pick). I also think Salisbury are going to drop like a stone from now on but it'll take the bottom 5 another 3 months to make up a 10-17 point deficit at the current rate.

9) What do you most like about being in the BSP?

Not seeing the words Hucknall, Alfreton, Redditch, Gainsborough, Ashton, Frickley, Emley, Bamber Bridge, Lancaster, Spennymoor, Solihull, Redditch, Alfreton.....

10) Would it be the end of the world going down to Blue Square North?

Well, it sure as hell wouldn't be a 'Godsend' put it that way. Some days after another defeat you think it wouldn't be so bad to be winning a lot and there are lots of big enough games, Kettering, Telford, Southport, Boston, Nuneaton as well as the Hydes, Stalybridges and Wittons to play. Hell even better if Vics were in it as well but in reality you know it wouldn't be like that. We'd struggle and would be about 8th averaging 700 at home and getting beat away at Harrogate and Blyth so yes it would be the end of the world really.

11) And finally, an easy one I suspect, Who would you most like to see go down?

Macclesfield.

Not Alty but well Salty

Re: Questions about Alty/ the BSP
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »

..is the right answer, Ballers.
Can put that in pretty well uneditted- unless some wet fish at the likes of Farsley wax lyrical about their woes (hence limiting space).
Super answers- many thanks from across the murky plain.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:50:35 PM by Not Alty but well Salty »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team