News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis's role with the Shot

Author Topic: Lewis's role with the Shot  (Read 1470 times)

le bignose

« on: December 10, 2007, 04:39:11 PM »

did anyone else see the other week, Aldershot live on Setanta??

I only mention this as i only watched a few mins of it but Lewis was playing in a more central midfield role, and more to that point ...... playing effective!

Did we ever use him in this role? Did we ever see the capability of him running a dodgy Alty midfield? Or was he always subjected to play a wide role?

Just something to ponder that we lose him, to now the league leaders, who adapt him to this central role and now is winning play of the month awards. There manager must have seen more in this ability and how to get the best out of him hey???

Alex

Re: Lewis's role with the Shot
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

we used him in the centre hense why we created more goals last year. as for lewis's "improvement" you have to remember that he is now training full time andm playing with a better standerd of players. but whilst he was playing for us he got an england call up so not exactly un-noticed at alty

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »

yeah fair point about the full time thing!! an obviously playing with a lot better standard of players as well which makes you a better player

i just cant rememer Lew being a central player or showing what i saw from him the other game on Setanta thats all, but i was impressed and its good to see that his ability has improved him since joining them.

good luck to him

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 07:18:22 PM »

did anyone else see the other week, Aldershot live on Setanta??

I only mention this as i only watched a few mins of it but Lewis was playing in a more central midfield role, and more to that point ...... playing effective!

What did impress me was his tracking back and very tenacious tackling. He seems now to be more of an all rounder.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team