News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 fourms quite....

Author Topic: fourms quite....  (Read 3236 times)

Alex

fourms quite....
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:51:30 PM »

has the mass exodus to torquay already begun?

Jenga

Re: fourms quite....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »

Perhaps everyone has gone to Las Vegas?

bigcol

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »

Or playing Football Manager 2008?  It's ridiculously easy to get Alty promoted on that.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »

Or playing Football Manager 2008?  It's ridiculously easy to get Alty promoted on that.

you have to take that up with daycare dan (he does the research for it - and does a good job of it too)

Alty Blue

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »

Easy. You have got to be joking. I have lost nearly every game. Have you bought some Premiership players!!!!

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

Easy. You have got to be joking. I have lost nearly every game. Have you bought some Premiership players!!!!

Nope but you can find some quality cheap buys in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Slovenia, Poland and Bulgaria.   Also Zimbabwe, Agent Sawu was one I can remember.

Keep Senior, Whalley, Tinson, Coburn, Berkeley, Lawton, sell/sack the rest.

Get in Steve Palmer as your player/coach or player/assistant.

Loan a few young players from premier teams, get Man U or similar as your parent team

Tell the board you are going to get promotion so you get a 11K p/w budget and sign everyone on full-time contracts.   

Play 4-4-2 attacking with very little changes to the default settings, just tweak a few team instructions for attacking or defensive situations.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:42:11 PM by bigcol »

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 04:54:18 PM »

Nope but you can find some quality cheap buys in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Slovenia, Poland and Bulgaria.   Also Zimbabwe, Agent Sawu was one I can remember.

Keep Senior, Whalley, Tinson, Coburn, Berkeley, Lawton, sell/sack the rest.

Get in Steve Palmer as your player/coach or player/assistant.

Loan a few young players from premier teams, get Man U or similar as your parent team

Tell the board you are going to get promotion so you get a 11K p/w budget and sign everyone on full-time contracts.   

Play 4-4-2 attacking with very little changes to the default settings, just tweak a few team instructions for attacking or defensive situations.

Are you available for a full time job between now and next April? 

(Only joking, I'm sure GH has a plan of action!)  ;D

bigcol

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:38 PM »

FM2008 gets non-league a bit wrong in terms of signing foreign players - I mean it just wouldn't happen.  Fair enough someone from Poland may be willing to join Alty for £100 p/w but he would need to be housed, all the paperwork sorted out etc. etc. and it wouldn't be practical in real terms.

But I could see it happening in real life though - if you partnered with a team in Eastern Europe of low reputation but with a good youth system, why not?  Pick a nation in the EU and it would be feasible.  If they'll come and pick strawberries for a bowl of soup a day, why not kick a ball about for the same wage?

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

You want lma maneger mate! start on 2 player mode pick alty and macc and transfer all macc's players to alty for 1K!!!!!!

then car park the moss rose and resign! stay with alty and fly past the scum using there under trained youth team maneged by GH :o
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:06:42 PM by Jacko »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 fourms quite....