News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A question on Management and Coaching

Author Topic: A question on Management and Coaching  (Read 2169 times)

Jenga

« on: December 05, 2007, 09:07:38 AM »

Something that I dont think has been discussed on here as yet but something has crossed my mind.

Some people say GH is A GOOD manager some say he is bad.

Some say people come to play for Alty due to GH, some say his team is poor.

I put a question to you to get your feedback.

Maybe GH is a good manager but we dont have someone who is a good tactician.

Who does the tactics fo Alty? Dalton?

I have seen some good inventive free kicks but overall team tactics is maybe lacking.

What do you think guys and girls?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A question on Management and Coaching
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:16:42 AM »

Being involved with one of the Junior teams i find that the players listen and in practice will do as you ask/guide.

On match day it is completely different and generally do there own thing.

It's a fine balance, I am interested to see if Histon stay where they are at the end of the season as they are part time.

On Saturday there was little between the teams and we could have won the game.

Is it not we are lacking confidence? Not concentrating all the time? Poor finishing? Not physically big enough?

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »

If the reports I have read are anything to go by it was a combination of defensive lapses and poor finishing that cost us on Saturday. I get the impression that if the chances missed by Little had fallen to Histon they would have been buried. That's not having a go at Little but it's indicative of how our season is going.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »

Think gh has to play with the tactics that suite the players we've got and unfortunatly that hasn't left him too many options at times i feel,

he does like to keep it tight which is fair enough but that means players like logan go against that grain,

i personally think the logan things a good problem to have as were gonna need to be more attacking if we continue to get dominated and contained against these very good sides in the BS Prem.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 11:26:18 AM »

If I analyse Colin's missed opportunities ( I was in a good position for 2 of them), there were 3.

1. The pass through for him to run on was slightly over hit and the goalie moved quickly to quash the attack.
2. Colin ran onto a through ball which was skewing away from goal to his left, he hit it left footed and the curl was away from goal and hit the rear pole. It missed by 18".
3. Was a header which the goalie scrambled round the post.

Good chances but hardly bankers! Histon also missed a few good chances.

The momentum was lost when the second goal was scored.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:44:03 PM »

IMHO we could have the best manager in the world in chanrge but if the players don't have the ability to play the tactics it's all for nothing. Not having a go at the players here either.

You could say a good manager would adapt his tactis to the players he has, but as said above if the players don't do what is asked of them what can you do. I still firmly belaive we have the best manager and the best players we can get at this moment in time. If come January we can fill the "problem" areas of the side we might not need to have these threads anymore!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »

If I analyse Colin's missed opportunities ( I was in a good position for 2 of them), there were 3.

1. The pass through for him to run on was slightly over hit and the goalie moved quickly to quash the attack.
2. Colin ran onto a through ball which was skewing away from goal to his left, he hit it left footed and the curl was away from goal and hit the rear pole. It missed by 18".
3. Was a header which the goalie scrambled round the post.

Good chances but hardly bankers! Histon also missed a few good chances.

The momentum was lost when the second goal was scored.

None the less, the 1st one on one was an exact replica of a goal he cooled chipped in against Bury (or Rotherham) in pre season. I think Colin has just got out of the groove a bit since then.

No. 3 was actually a good save.

But sorry, no 2 was an absolute banker, he ran with it for 30 yards. I'm sorry, he won't get another 1 on 1 as clear as that all season.

He didn't even hit the target, 18 inches? He did not hit the target!

I love Colin and I know he won't make excuses so let's not beat around the bushell here, At least 2 of the chances should have been finished.

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 09:52:55 PM »

Completely agree with Ballers. Col will know that he should have had two and we should have won the game. I really hope he regains his touch in front of goal, but in real terms we need at least one more option up front.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team