PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SAM article
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SAM article  (Read 6244 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SAM article
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 05:34:12 PM »

Trying Logan against a weaker team may be an option, but not Sunday as I think most are talking about.

Perhaps in the shield game its worth a try?

Alex

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »

Anyone who thinks its a bad idea to start Logan against the clubs in our mini league should be put in the loon bin.

but niether torquay or histon are in our "mini league"

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »

Anyone who thinks its a bad idea to start Logan against the clubs in our mini league should be put in the loon bin.

but niether torquay or histon are in our "mini league"

Not saying he should have started either  ???

Alex

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 06:03:39 PM »

sorry just the theame of this thread was why he didn't start saturday and that he should start sunday. so i assumed thats what you ment. my mistake

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »

Carlos Logan is a breath of fresh air at Alty and reminds me of the Terry, Sharret days the man has never been given a real chance and can only improve with games under his belt. Anyone who thinks its a bad idea to start Logan against the clubs in our mini league should be put in the loon bin.

I seem to recall that at the start of last season, and  based on flashes of inspiring wing play, certain amongst our fan base were saying similar things about one Justin Bowler ::) ::) ::)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »

Are you saying Carlos Logan  is of the same standard as Bowler?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

Carlos has more potential than Bowler?

I think so

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 09:57:48 PM »

Are you saying Carlos Logan  is of the same standard as Bowler?

Nope I'm not saying that. I'm just commenting that 16 months ago Bowler was being regarded as a very good prospect.

Historically we've been overly blessed with good wingers as well has having some prize duffers too. Lots have come along and been looked at through rose (and white striped I suppose) glasses and turned out disappointing. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Logan potentially being in the Ellison, Sharratt, Showler and Barry Howard class.

louise1925

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 10:05:57 PM »

Maybe he deserves a break rather than the constant criticism he seems to be attracting from some quarters. I think that some of us are going out of our way to hound a young talent out of the club. I began this thread because I feel that he has been unfairly made the scapegoat for a defeat. I think it was Cult who mentioned earlier that our loss owed more to poor finishing and inconsistent defending. Let's get off the back of individual players.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 09:30:18 AM »

Maybe he deserves a break rather than the constant criticism he seems to be attracting from some quarters. I think that some of us are going out of our way to hound a young talent out of the club. I began this thread because I feel that he has been unfairly made the scapegoat for a defeat. I think it was Cult who mentioned earlier that our loss owed more to poor finishing and inconsistent defending. Let's get off the back of individual players.

completely agree

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

Has anyone seen a video replay yet to show whether Wright was offside of not for the first goal? As well as the awwful marking of the scorer, how come Shotton didn't close down Wright (instead of visibly backing offhim) to try and prevent the cross?

thegazelle

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »

I was dead level , with the line and they had two players well offside, my mate ( a neutral ) was astounded how offside they were.

Cadiz Alty

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »

I certainly got the impression from the management team last saturday when the people in the main stand were asking for logans appearance that they were forced into it and that it seemed they did not want him on?

It appeared that they were questioning to the main standers why he was not ready to come on as he was way down near the corner flag, and then when he made the error it then appeared as though they were gesticulating to the people in the main stand  who wanted him on that that is what happens when he comes on?

That is how it looked it might not be a correct impression but it appeared that way?
If it was correct " why would we put someone on we did not want on?"

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 07:19:53 PM »

Has anyone seen a video replay yet to show whether Wright was offside of not for the first goal? As well as the awwful marking of the scorer, how come Shotton didn't close down Wright (instead of visibly backing offhim) to try and prevent the cross?
I watched the video at the club on monday GH was viewing it, From the angle of camera it was hard to tell.
@AltyDaz

Altyant

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »

Could tell whether he was or not from where I was, but it seemed a surreal moment after the ball went in as we all seemed to think it had been disallowed and then the Histon players started celebrating.

We should have closed down a bit better though
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SAM article