News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crikey!!

Author Topic: Crikey!!  (Read 2178 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

markecky

Re: Crikey!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 08:39:37 PM »

Bloody Hell!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:53:34 PM »

Flaming Nora!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 08:54:52 PM »

And there's more

Frustrated Heathcote looks to strengthen
By Connor Murphy
Comment

Gary Scott has received the support of his manager despite two crucial errors in the 2-1 defeat at Stevenage.
GRAHAM Heathcote is looking to bring his reinforcements in the January transfer window after watching his team play well yet ultimately lose at Stevenage on Monday.

The Robins outplayed their illustrious hosts for long periods of the game at Broadhall Way, fizzing the ball about with skill and confidence.

But once again individual errors proved fatal as Craig Dobson capitalised on a couple of defensive slip-ups to give Boro an undeserved victory.

And the Alty boss is fed up of watching his side come away empty-handed from games where they have more than matched the opposition.

He told SAM Sport: "It was the classic game of frustration but you have just got to take the positives from it because the lads proved again they can play good football.

"We went to Stevenage, outplayed them, yet still didn't win the game.

"But I get tired of saying we are playing too well to lose these games, so something has to be done.

"The board have done well to give us a few more bob in the January transfer window so we'll be looking to strengthen. But the problem is that we'll probably have to rely on loan players because all the good players out there require a transfer fee.

"We need to try and get some more firepower. Colin Little and Chris Senior have done OK and they'll get us 10 to 15 goals a season each but we need more.

"We are a decent part-time side but people don’t understand how hard it is for us to compete."
Graham Heathcote

"We need another type of midfielder and we've needed a natural left back for a year and a half. Those are the areas I'd like to strengthen."

Despite sitting in the Blue Square Premier relegation zone, Heathcote still believes his side are steadily improving.

"We have closed the gap (on the teams above us) but results don't prove that," he said.

"The results are the main thing but I also look at the team in terms of its development over the years. We were fourth bottom of the Unibond when I took over so I think we've developed really well.

"We are a decent part-time side but people don't understand how hard it is for us to compete in this league under those circumstances.

"I believe we've put together a decent side within the part-time constraints but we're not getting the results. I'm talking about organisation, the ability of players to pass the ball and move - we are good in those areas and showed that against Stevenage."

He also refused to blame Gary Scott for defeat at Stevenage, although the full back made two crucial errors that led to both the home side's goals.

"Gary Scott made two mistakes against Stevenage but he will be the first name on the teamsheet on Saturday because he's played very well recently.

"

10:43am today

@AltyDaz

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »

Lets hope we get the men we want.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 09:23:07 PM »

Peter Thomson, Ged Murphy and Andy Scott.
Sorted.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:34:21 PM »

Peter Thomson, Ged Murphy and Andy Scott.
Sorted.
Justin Bowler
@AltyDaz

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 10:12:07 PM »

Scottie, he said he wanted a trial.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crikey!!