PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ratings
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ratings  (Read 5228 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ratings
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »

Don't think that playing anyone who isn't a natural left back at left back would have made any difference.

Scotty tried but, as has been said earlier, the passer of the ball had far too much time and space to hit the ball(s) which did for us (twice!!!!)

We have to remember that they are full time and have hours to practice clipping balls over full backs.

despite what has been said I still think that, given the starting positions Scotty had a sod of a job to cut out either ball and that we were a touch unfortunate with both goals....but ain't that just our season????????????????

Dare I suggest that you wouldn't have been quite so forgiving if those errors had been perpetrated by Darren Tinson?!

Mr Cult,

You will note that at no time have I referred to the failure of Mr Tinson to successfully block the initial cross which led to the first goal.

I thank you

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 05:37:57 PM »

ATS,

Can I just point out that Tinno, is indeed, absolutely class.

That is all.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »

Mr Cult,

You will note that at no time have I referred to the failure of Mr Tinson to successfully block the initial cross which led to the first goal.

I thank you

ATS,

A split infinitive in your posting.....hang your head in shame!

What would Andy Black have said?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 07:16:05 PM »

Who has given me 20 peakes today?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

Who has just given me 10 goodwins??

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 11:46:56 PM »

ATS,

That is all.

Mr Ballers,

I believe the function of this forum to be to allow individuals to express their own personal opinion. You are entitled to yours which you have clearly and succinctly expressed.

Mine however differs somewhat. Yes the gent to whom you refer has been a player of some quality and is currently playing well for us. I just believe that there may be more 'holes in his armour' than would appear to be the case on initial viewing  and superficial inspection.

teasybeaver

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 08:00:58 AM »

ATS,

That is all.

Mr Ballers,

I believe the function of this forum to be to allow individuals to express their own personal opinion. You are entitled to yours which you have clearly and succinctly expressed.

Mine however differs somewhat. Yes the gent to whom you refer has been a player of some quality and is currently playing well for us. I just believe that there may be more 'holes in his armour' than would appear to be the case on initial viewing  and superficial inspection.

Jesus man, you're just constantly on the back foot. We know the function of the forum, please stop using it to lambast anyone you don't agree with. Granted, you aren't the only one who does this, but I think you're a front runner of the trait. Why can't you just make a simple post about why you disagree???

I'm sorry for this early morning outburst, I just feel that this forum has become rather unfriendly of late. This has nothing to do with you ATS, but it needs to be said.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »

ATS,

That is all.

Mr Ballers,

Jesus man, you're just constantly on the back foot. We know the function of the forum, please stop using it to lambast anyone you don't agree with. Granted, you aren't the only one who does this, but I think you're a front runner of the trait. Why can't you just make a simple post about why you disagree???

I'm sorry for this early morning outburst, I just feel that this forum has become rather unfriendly of late. This has nothing to do with you ATS, but it needs to be said.

Teasy gets a well deserved Goodwin from Jennifer.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »

ATS,

That is all.

Mr Ballers,

Were it not likely to make me lass popular than Jeff Forshaw at the Gazelle's hostelry I would contest that I had lambasted anyone to be honest but it will, so I wont

Ta! :)

teasybeaver

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »

Its not really about the exact details of being lambasted. For effect it was an overstated remark, none the less it had a purpose. Like I said its not just for your sake, its more a general irk.

My point is, nobody seems to able to debate anything on here any more without being made to feel like they aren't worthy of an opinion. This is not a response to anything that has been said about me, this is a general feeling amongst many of the regulars i talk to. I've said this before, all too often this forum becomes 'who's the biggest alty fan' contest and its pretty f**king embarrassing to read at times.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »

I suspect the gazelle is technically the "biggest Alty fan"...!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 05:12:06 PM »

I suspect the gazelle is technically the "biggest Alty fan"...!

Steve the steward in the main stand gets my vote
@AltyDaz

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »

thats it 20 pints and a curry tonight followed by breakfast on the way up and 12 pies at the match i'll make steve look like twiggy by xmas

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 06:41:13 PM »

thats it 20 pints and a curry tonight followed by breakfast on the way up and 12 pies at the match i'll make steve look like twiggy by xmas
Double the pints and the pies and you might stand a chance
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:08:58 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ratings