News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My true feelings - please read

Author Topic: My true feelings - please read  (Read 1879 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »

What I normally do on the forum is not read any postings before putting one on myself. After a game I sometimes need to come on here and speak straight from the heart and state my case. I am bloody hammered tonight after watching the game on TV.

First of all I have so much respect for the guys and women who travelled tonight, so bloody proud of you all, i honestly mean that.

Second the post match interview with Graham on TV was a honest and just plain brilliant interview.

THE LADS WERE GOOD TONIGHT. I ain't going over the top and saying they were amazing but I was proud.

I have always said stop giving full time teams respect. Stevenage are going for promotion and unless I had more drink than I thought I did, we matched them and certainly had more chances. OK, this is a forum and people agree and disagree and at the end of the day that is what a forum is all about. If we'd all agree then that would be because we were top of the league.

I come on here and have negative thoughts most of the time, I am guilty of that, but thats because I have watched us now for 18/19 years, maybe longer and I need to say my piece like everyone else.

Anyway back to the game, I have said all season' lets stop showing teams respect' and it showed why tonight, we do not have to show many teams in this league respect.

They had Dobson on the right who was the ONLY threat to us, Scotty had a terrible game, but I will never slag that man off because he is normally Mr Consistent, even out of posistion, which he is. To me Dobson is a player identical to Logan but on the opposite wing. And at the end of the day he has won it for them with Scotty making mistakes and also Coburn not positioning himself well. Both goals were mistakes but I said before each goal that it would be that guy who would cause the trouble and he did.

My argument is we can play against 90% of the teams so lets have our own player like Dobson and I believe everyone knows that player is Logan. I read people say Logan can only last 20 mins, well do those people who say that play football ?????? because I play every week, at least two times and if you come on with 15-20mins left you are always gasping for air and trying to get in the game which is so hard. You all know I am not a fan of Joe O'Neil but tonight he had some good touches but that was because there defence stood off at every attack, you could see that by how much room Senior was given. I've always said that Senior and Little are the front two for Alty and tonight proved they are. Down point again is Sedgmore, he is lost, slow and has no stamina. One thing I have seen with Alty in my years is heart and I do not believe Sedgemore has an Alty heart. We have missed VAL and I believe no one can disagree with that. Whilst Val is out I hope Whalley can get fit because his talent/passing will spilt defences for Senior but we need to give him a few weeks to get match fit.

We all watch and support Alty, and we are part time. I will be trully honest here and the thing that bugs me is when people say a quality player shouldn't start because he ain't fit enough. Examples Thornley is a great finisher and if he played the games last year he would have scored more than Joe, Logan is sheer class, now and again he will run it too far and get tackled, but he will ALWAYS take two and sometimes three defenders out of the play, Pottsy -  best crosser of the ball that I have honestly seen since Showler, it honestly could be two crosses and two goals from his balls. Yeah but people are thinking these players can not get back and defend, I might agree slightly but at the end of the day we are part time and we do not train everyday so these talented players need to play WEEK IN and WEEK out not 20 mins blowing their guts out for the LOST cause.

We have not played as good as last year and the players have said that during interview, yet we still match 90% of the teams. All i am trying to say lets go out attacking teams, with the likes of Logan on the wing, Senoir and Little upfront and get a lead of a goal or two ( BECAUSE WE BLOODY CAN ) and then let them think of what to do in the last 20mins. Instead we wait until we gone down ( even when we should be winner ) and then try and go for the game against full time players when we are out of steam.

I love this club with all my heart and my only regret in life is not sticking at footy and playing for the club. All I can say is if anyone disagrees wity my comments you must be more drunk than me and beyond reasonable conversation. The other point is I hope Graham reads this post.

Good night and lets get behind the lads on Saturday

louise1925

Re: My true feelings - please read
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:36:38 AM »

A good post I thought, but were you watching the same Sedge as me? I thought he was a class act last night, holding the ball up well and distributing patiently and largely accurately.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 10:26:25 AM »

I totally agree with your post, the team is on the verge of being a decent well balanced side that can score goals, we need that creativity to link the midfield and strikers. To many times last night we put high balls  through the center to their box when its obvious that we need to play it wide so  Senior and Little can spin off the giant defenders in this league, Whalley is the man who can provide these balls and Logan and eventually Potts can attack from the wings. Sedgmore was one of three  weak links last night, the man has some class touches but needs to find a bigger engine and more consistancy  I would love to see this team start for at least a run of 5/6 games this season and firmly believe that for 80% of games this is the side that will do well in this league.

Coburn

Lane
Munroe
Tinson
Payton

Logan
Val
Whalley
Potts

Little
Senior
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:35:59 AM by altrincham »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »

I was very impressed with the lads last night. Compare that to the game we (somehow) won there last season and that display was about 5 times better. The away games I've seen down south this season-Stevenage, Crawley, Salisbury have for the most part seen some excellent footy by the Alty. Very puzzling as I don't see most of our homes how we are capable of displays like last night against a moneybags outfit like Stevenage and our home record is so poor. Anyone any answers?

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 04:25:05 PM »

What a good post.

There is an argument that if you only give a player 20 minutes every week...

...how the hell will he get match fit?

Rodders could last about 60 minutes and that seemed to be his limit but if he'd started all the games last season then I make Mr Needham right.

By the way..did i teach you to drive in a little peugeot 106????

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »

Its about 9 years ago since I was taking driving lessons, could have been but I don't think so.

Anyway none of that nonesense, come on Alty, really looking forward to Saturdays game !!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team