PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 i feel sorry for gary scott
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i feel sorry for gary scott  (Read 5711 times)

seasonticket

Re: i feel sorry for gary scott
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »

Quote from previous post......
Joe - head up man you are a class act on form and you know you can do it, have the confidence because you do have the skill.
Gary - head up you have covered well for us at right back and we know your playing out of position to help the club out as Warren did last year.

Why do people come on here and slag off our own players. It does nothing for their confidence apart from making it more difficult to regain.
I am not saying you are not entitled to an opinion. Just dont shout it from the roof tops it does not help our situation.
The above post is more possitive and is more likely to help.
Joe was not player of the year for nothing and he does not become a bad player overnight. Likewise Scotty, who has had some outstanding performances this season.
I do think that some people decide they dont like a player and do not give up on criticising until that player is hounded out. Don'say that does not happen. It does.
Please lets have more positive comments in public and keep the negative private.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

Seasonticket..you'll have le bignose after you now....

le bignose

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »

HA ecky thats naughty!!! no its a valid point mate!! i dont just have a go for the sake of it !! its called passion and ok sometimes not needed but i see the forum as a place to vent your fustration and voice your opinion!!

We can all slag off players and yes its not right too!!! but when you feel passionate about something then sometimes its hard not too!!!

As for ecky ........... your in my range for a good slagging off now!! only joking mate. Ive told you its nothing personal so dont take it that way bud!!

teasybeaver

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 10:21:22 AM »

Dont slag ecky off, he wasnt even in the starting line-up  ;)

le bignose

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 10:24:06 AM »

he was the worst f'ing player by far and doesnt deserve his place!! why ecky starts with joe is beyond me!!! ecky cant even sing a full alty song without being out of breath half way thru!! lol

radcliffe alty

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »

Dont slag ecky off, he wasnt even in the starting line-up

I'd have put him in instead of O'Neill.  ;)

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 12:18:56 PM »

Dont slag ecky off, he wasnt even in the starting line-up

I'd have put him in instead of O'Neill.  ;)

no chance he has commitment or motivation :-)

markecky

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:58 PM »

Its great the internet isn't it......gives people the chance to call you fat who you have no idea who they are!!

We just never had such facilities 10 yrs ago.

For future reference, I am an impact player (I'll bowl 'em you bat them away...)

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

Its great the internet isn't it......gives people the chance to call you fat who you have no idea who they are!!

For future reference, I am an impact player (I'll bowl 'em you bat them away...)

Perhaps we should start the Ecky appreciation thread?  not sure anyone would voice their support though.

The war has begun !!!    ;D

Alex

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 01:25:50 PM »

my thoughts on last night were that the team seemed to be playing like they had won 9 of there last games and had all the confidence in the world and just like last season with the bared boned team we had around the end of september start of october time the team that started last night (wether you say logan should start or o'niell) was basically what we have available to start and i for one think that they did us proud. only two errors that cost us, i think scotty has done amazing since he has come back and playing out of position too, but in truth dobson is probably one of the best players in this league and looked dangerous all night (his movement off the ball caused scotty some problems staying in the defensive line). all in all i say we gave a good acount of our selves last night and any neutral watching last night that was expecting a cricket score was i hope plesently surprised. the only thing that annoyed me last night was there second goal (and not scottys attempted clearence or stuarts possitioning) it was that there number 14 had so much time and space to pick out that pass to dobson with 3 alty players around him and none of them attempted to close him down. anyway histon on saturday and the start of what i hope is a good christmas period for the mighty robins.

p.s. thanks to the haytons driver for getting us home a lot quicker than any of us expected  :)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 01:58:56 PM »

As for the left back thing, we didn't learn anything we didn't know after we played Tamworth in the cup - if we come up against a fast winger we will struggle.

Yes the goals came from mistakes (including our goal). At the end of the day though there's probably people all over the pitch that make mistakes, but people only remember them if they cost a goal.

Certainly I would hope we can strengthen our squad now there's no debts and a bit of cup money. If we can't outbid other Conference clubs, perhaps we can at least outbid Mossley or Stalybridge now.

markecky

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 03:01:21 PM »

Perhaps we should start the Ecky appreciation thread?  not sure anyone would voice their support though.

The war has begun !!!    ;D

I don't mind when you do it Jenga, I at least know who you are!

There a few ladies on here that would post on it I'm sure..

le bignose

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »

can i re iterate that i have no issues with anyone on here, being the pot smoking hippy i am i love everyone!!

i want to start the love ecky association!!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 08:53:54 PM »

I am torn with GH comments on TV, was he just trying to be funny with his attitude towards the game or is that how he apporaches our matches. If it is how he approaches them then I am sure motivation will be problem for the players. If he was being funny then he was genuinly funny 10 men across the back was kind of hilarious to be honest.

Well played lads keep it up and a special message for Joe and Gary -

Joe - head up man you are a class act on form and you know you can do it, have the confidence because you do have the skill.
Gary - head up you have covered well for us at right back and we know your playing out of position to help the club out as Warren did last year.

Well played.

I think GH's attitude might take some of the pressure off. So many of the players do seem to like playing for him so I suspect he is more motivational than not. I daresay he was playing up to the cameras a little.

Nice comments for Joe & Gary - I hope they both read them.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 i feel sorry for gary scott