PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 i feel sorry for gary scott
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: i feel sorry for gary scott  (Read 5708 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 10:11:57 PM »

but everyone knows a left back ia priority would have won without the mistakes

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: i feel sorry for gary scott
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:19:50 PM »

Touche

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:25:47 PM »

Scotty just looked to be lacking pace to deal with him.  Both goals came from him trying to cut out the pass before it reached the winger as he knew he couldn't catch him if he got the ball.  Warren was getting bak well to help and at one point even Lane got to Dobson ahead of Scott despite coming from the other side of the pitch.  If the other guy is miles faster than you there's not much you can do.

At least he got a better review than Oliver - that bloke really is rubbish at playing against our two forwards.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »

Colin and Chris did well tonight.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:36:06 PM »

Scotty made 1 & a half mistakes and was punished for both. He is not a bad player, but was troubled on the wrong foot and injuries have taken their toll on his pace

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »

a left back on loan has to be a priority

louise1925

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 10:39:13 PM »

How good were our two centre halves? Were they the pair who couldn't play together earlier in the season? Also, because it was on tv we got to see a bit more of what Sedge is all about tonight. How composed was he on the ball? Very proud of all the lads after that.

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »

Agreed. Do we have a good reserve?

Also agree centre halves were very good, Sedge was class on occasion. This was a quality all round performance. I thought O'Neill - totally out of position - did quite well.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »

Never a truer word written.

Scotty has been a great servant for Alty but his two calamitous errors cost us dearly at Stevenage tonight.

I dread to think how many points we have dropped because of our lack of a proper left full back this season.

Mind you, I have to say that Coburn didn't really cover himself in glory on the second goal.

We certainly deserved a draw from that game and it was encouraging to see us pass the ball well and actually look composed on the ball.

Little and Senior worked their socks off but O'Neill was a total passenger.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 11:15:49 PM »

Our best wingers are injured/part match players. Can we play both Sedge & Whalley in the same team?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 12:10:49 AM »

Never a truer word written.

Scotty has been a great servant for Alty but his two calamitous errors cost us dearly at Stevenage tonight.

I dread to think how many points we have dropped because of our lack of a proper left full back this season.

Mind you, I have to say that Coburn didn't really cover himself in glory on the second goal.

We certainly deserved a draw from that game and it was encouraging to see us pass the ball well and actually look composed on the ball.

Maybe this is controversial but I cannot see what more, in the circumstances Scotty could have done. On the first goal he tried to put the ball out for a corner but didn't quite get enough on it. Had he not tried that he'd have never got anywhere near the guy before he crossed.  We were very unlucky with the bounce of Tinson which 99.99% of the time would NOT have gione straight back to the Stevenage guy.

Second goal, okay Scotty got a bit caught again but ditto the first goal in terms of his effort. He did however get back in heroically and, to be fair both to him and to Stuart, it seemed both to me and also the people I watched with in the pub that he actually got a touch on the shot which seemed to accelerate the ball under Stuart's dive.

Have to say that if there were an irritating summariser of the millenium award Paul Parker would have won it already 7 years into the thousand in question.....and weren't the commentators bloody patronising????????????????????

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:15:44 AM »

Our best wingers are injured/part match players. Can we play both Sedge & Whalley in the same team?

Again controversy perhaps but I thought that on a number of occasions tonight we saw the quality that Sedge possesses.

Also, I must say that it is somewhat disingenuous to be so critical of Joe when he has played so patently out of position to help the club out

Cadiz Alty

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 07:48:19 AM »

The guy was poor last week atFarsley and worse tonight.
How long are we going to play without a left fullback?
If GH were to leave tomorrow for pastures new as a television pundit the new guy taking over would put a full back in straight away.

All goals were massive errors from the left back postion and ours cost us the game.

Joe Oneil was poor again loads of effort but the touch is very poor at this level.
Does he score enough goals as a forward?

All in all a massive effort and some great football played, again away from Moss Lane and away from our fans I wonder how we can read into that?   

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 08:58:31 AM »

I have defended Joe continuously on here since he joined us and ultimately he got player of the season last year for some real good performances.

Last night and the last few games I really dont think I can continue to defend him at present. He was played out of position on the right but some poor passing, some backing off in tackles and poor control let us down. He really was a passenger last night.

Gary Scott cost us the game with some awful defending with the second also down to poor goalkeeping from Stu who didnt get down fast enough.

However on the plus side the team as a whole were really good. Possibly some of the best football I have seen this season from them. Tinson and Munroe were class and OMG Chris and Colin were outstanding and previously I have complained about Colins performances.

Overall I was encouraged by the performance and if we can carry that type of play forward we will survive if we get some results fast enough.

I am torn with GH comments on TV, was he just trying to be funny with his attitude towards the game or is that how he apporaches our matches. If it is how he approaches them then I am sure motivation will be problem for the players. If he was being funny then he was genuinly funny 10 men across the back was kind of hilarious to be honest.

Well played lads keep it up and a special message for Joe and Gary -

Joe - head up man you are a class act on form and you know you can do it, have the confidence because you do have the skill.
Gary - head up you have covered well for us at right back and we know your playing out of position to help the club out as Warren did last year.

Well played.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 09:45:54 AM »

2  mistakes cost us,that said every player can have an off game it happens to everyone.We were the better team and should not have lost,but again thats football,lets take the positives from this game and build on them and hammer Histon this Saturday and in thr process move above Farsley
Harold
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team