PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ridiculous
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ridiculous  (Read 6443 times)

dino

ridiculous
« on: November 22, 2007, 08:51:33 PM »

little's quote in messenger

"if we dont raise our game,we dont deserve to stay up"

surely it should say

"if you dont raise your game ,you wont be here in january to take us down"

He didnt look interested to most people i was with on tuesday,and needs to expend a lot more energy.To many supporters on tuesday evening the performance was just not good enough,as was the case against runcorn.Supporters expectations have been dumbed down too much by certain people,and such low standards should not be accepted in this great club.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

Still joint top league goalscorer!

He stays in my opinion.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:42:29 PM »

By saying "we" he suggests he also needs to raise his own game.

Inaura

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »

Let's not get too harsh with Little just yet. What with his 30 odd goals getting us here. His goals in the last two seasons helping an awful lot.

Before anyone says it, no player should stay on past achievements, or on showing commitment to the club, or on the back of their reputation. Little over the last couple of seasons has struggled more, maybe with age, maybe with having to play a little behind a main striker. His role is much more of a second striker than the man who shoots from thirty yards. He's a very clever player who is able to make something from nothing with his good foot work. Not sure if he plays in his best position some of the time but I think if anyone one is aware of his poor performances then it will be Little.

He stays.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 11:12:41 PM »

He didnt look interested to most people i was with on tuesday,and needs to expend a lot more energy.

May not have looked interested, but made a pretty important contribution wouldn't you say?

He stays.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 11:17:48 PM »

He didnt look interested to most people i was with on tuesday,and needs to expend a lot more energy.

two points rele 1. he look very interested when he was screamin "come on " at us after he scored and we went over to celebrate with him
                        2. so who's next for critisim i want to go prepare ma notes, first robbie, then joe now colin

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »

two points rele 1. he look very interested when he was screamin "come on " at us after he scored and we went over to celebrate with him
                        2. so who's next for critisim i want to go prepare ma notes, first robbie, then joe now colin

A couple of very good points

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 11:44:16 PM »

I think these stats are correct.
Little - 5 goals from 12 league starts
Senior - 5 goals from 13 league starts
That's 10 from 25 starts between the pair of them. Perhaps this is one or two below what it should be, but it's certainly not a disaster!
The problem we have is lack of squad depth and of course that is linked to finances.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 11:51:22 PM »

Correct Stats I believe.

Colin also stated he needs to score more goals and help us stay up. I am sure he will.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »

Colin is just coming back into form.

I'd get behind him and encourage him to get more.

He's not the brightest button in the box and will come out with strange quotes occasionally...that doesn't mean he doen't care and his latest shows he does care.

Our problems lie elsewhere.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »

Don't forget Stu "going through the motions" - nobody is safe now mate.

Bring back the kids posting "yep", "innit" et al.....  :o

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 01:03:32 PM »

Daycare Dan

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »

little's quote in messenger

"if we dont raise our game,we dont deserve to stay up"

surely it should say

"if you dont raise your game ,you wont be here in january to take us down"

He didnt look interested to most people i was with on tuesday,and needs to expend a lot more energy.To many supporters on tuesday evening the performance was just not good enough,as was the case against runcorn.Supporters expectations have been dumbed down too much by certain people,and such low standards should not be accepted in this great club.

What is worse?

a) Being realistic and making the best of what we've got

or

b) Living in the past in the undying belief that we're bigger and better than we really are?

Time for a reality check. We're not top of the Alliance Premier League and we're not one of the richest, most powerful clubs in non league anymore either. You claim that certain people have "dumbed down" supporter's expectations. Do you expect people to publicly declare we're making an assault on the league title this season? How stupid would they look if they said such a thing? What do you and your kind want? Can you not see that we're a tiny club in this division? Is it not plainly obvious to even the most optimistic of supporters that we can't compete in the upper echelons of the Blue Square Premier? You make me sick with your constant harking back to bygone glory days and constant reminders of how this team can't hold a candle up to the sides of the 70's and 80's. Whilst these assertions are undoubtedly true, what does it achieve to say such things? We need to move on from the past and enjoy it for what it was without burdening the current generation with over inflated expectations. Alty is and always will be a fantastic club which I will always support, but try to understand that we're not the force we once were.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »

What is worse?

a) Being realistic and making the best of what we've got

or

b) Living in the past in the undying belief that we're bigger and better than we really are?

Time for a reality check. We're not top of the Alliance Premier League and we're not one of the richest, most powerful clubs in non league anymore either. You claim that certain people have "dumbed down" supporter's expectations. Do you expect people to publicly declare we're making an assault on the league title this season? How stupid would they look if they said such a thing? What do you and your kind want? Can you not see that we're a tiny club in this division? Is it not plainly obvious to even the most optimistic of supporters that we can't compete in the upper echelons of the Blue Square Premier? You make me sick with your constant harking back to bygone glory days and constant reminders of how this team can't hold a candle up to the sides of the 70's and 80's. Whilst these assertions are undoubtedly true, what does it achieve to say such things? We need to move on from the past and enjoy it for what it was without burdening the current generation with over inflated expectations. Alty is and always will be a fantastic club which I will always support, but try to understand that we're not the force we once were.

Totally agree; have a plethora of Goodwins!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ridiculous