Macclesfield
- 25 (47.2%)
Northwich
- 21 (39.6%)
Someone else
- 7 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Local Rivalry  (Read 8253 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Local Rivalry
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 09:35:20 PM »

I've only seen us play Macc twice (the season of the 4-0 at Moss Lane), but I always consider them bigger rivals than Vics,even if there is an intense rivalry with us and Vics.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Silkyman23

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 10:25:57 PM »

Bless.

To be honest. I'm old enough to keep a lookout for your results and titter if you lose.

But in the last decade we've played Stockport and Rochdale far more often (Let's face it, we've played Man City more than you in the last 10 years!) so you don't even register with most of our younger supporters.

Be nice to play you in a friendly or something again though.

Always good to help out the smaller local clubs...  ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »

Play you in the Conference next year then!!!! tee hee

Silkyman23

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 11:42:52 PM »

Unlikely.. For a couple of reasons!

We've been in worse situations than this and stayed up..... You can't rely on clubs going bust forever.

thegazelle

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 01:36:21 AM »

i hate vics more than you but p1ss off you sheep shagging tw@

you are still a tinpot team and always will be who have a smaller fan base than us we have just not had the fortune to reach the heady heights you have

our day will come

message modified by the oh i didnt didI eebags filter......THIS POST IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE AS TO WHY ONE SHOULD NOT POST IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING AFTER ELEVENTEEN BOTTLES OF KATY,
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:48:57 AM by thegazelle »

markecky

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 07:29:03 AM »

I've hated Macc since 1988 when I was 13 and I was punched in the face by a Macc fan after being chased behind rent-equip on Boxing Day.

I stand by the fact he was a "fat b*stard"

*realises that was 19 years ago and shakes his head*

Jenga

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 08:52:44 AM »

I've hated Macc since 1988 when I was 13 and I was punched in the face by a Macc fan after being chased behind rent-equip on Boxing Day.

I stand by the fact he was a "fat b*stard"

*realises that was 19 years ago and shakes his head*

I think this was the match I was arrested at, I remember getting a free mince pie with my oxo

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

I've voted Northwich as after the famous 8-1 in 69 I didn't see us beat them again until 2-1 in the first leg of the APL Cup final in 1980 (and we ended up losing that on penalties) - and Foreshaws headbutt of Stepney, and the embarrassing 0-3 at Moss Lane the year they got to the fourth round of the cup and the annual trip to Drill Field for a 1-0 defeat and the 5-1 defeat at Runcorn in the CSC SF 2nd replay after Dave Peel had equalised with an own goal in the 95th minute in the first replay at Moss Rose and Dave Ryan and ...

Whereas Macc was an annual trip to Moss Rose for a win - 3-2 in 1973 (a COLD day) to 5-1 in 1979 (well I was warm inside).  The only disadvantage was that we would invariably lose at home (including a bloody 0-1 at Easter in 1978 when they were bottom (BOTTOM!!) of the NPL and we were still chasing the title - and we only needed 8 goals from our last 2 games to score 100 league goals in the season)  Oh, and a 2-3 defeat in extra time at Edgely Park in the CSC in 1973 when Dave Mobley lobbed either Frankish or Schofield from the half way line for an own goal.

But I respected the rights of the older generation (e.g. my dad) to hate Macc much more than Vics - the Moss Rose visit in 73 was towards the tail end of that ascendancy.  And as many have said, Wigan was also a crunch game in those days, although I suggest it will be a while before that rivalry is renewed!

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »

Bless.

To be honest. I'm old enough to keep a lookout for your results and titter if you lose.

But in the last decade we've played Stockport and Rochdale far more often (Let's face it, we've played Man City more than you in the last 10 years!) so you don't even register with most of our younger supporters.

Be nice to play you in a friendly or something again though.

Always good to help out the smaller local clubs...  ;)

you care so little that you read our forum?
macc are a non-league club masquerading as a league club and you know it
we all know there are clubs in the bsp who shouldnt be, and teams in the football league who shouldnt be (hello dagenham, hello morecambe, hello macclesfield)
time will sort it out

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »

I've gone on at length on other threads about Macc so I don't need to re-visit that but having only been re-married three years and having made the "new" Mrs Saughall come to Alty matches with me, I asked her for her opinion on it.
Her reply was, quote, "Forest Green Grassers"!
Seems like I've married someone who knows how to bear a grudge (in football terms only, I hope).  ::)

Incidentally, her first game was the Runcorn decider to get us out of the Unibond so it's been non-stop "success" for her at Alty with 2 promotions, 2 "let-offs", and a CSC win (possibly a second of these coming up too?)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

thegazelle

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »

sounds like you will lose more than half the house if you were to ever stray from mrs saughall, beware.

we will rise again in a pheonixesque type way and plunder a 5-1 win at the moss rose a la 79 vintage just hope i get home without the black eye this time.

nevertheless would swap that for a 1-1 draw at vics with a last minute equaliser oh just how good was that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Local Rivalry