PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My Football Club - Ebbsfleet
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My Football Club - Ebbsfleet  (Read 8682 times)

Moomin Papa

Re: My Football Club - Ebbsfleet
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »

Apple crumble for you Ballers!

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

No. No. NO.

Football is based on an allegiance to one club (ok some people have two but you get my point) with a natural loathing for their most bitter rivals.  For us it's Alty, hating Macc, Northwich etc.

So you chip your money and then end up owning part of a club.  The most likely sceanario is that it is a club you know very little about and have no affinity with.  The worst case scenario is that the group buys your hated rivals.  Then what do you do?  Carry on and continue playing a part knowing its helping the enemy? OR once the identity of the club is known do a load of other fans steam in work to ruin the club.

This simply will not work in our footballing culture.  Utter nonsense.

Moomin Papa

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 06:27:50 PM »

I raise my pot noodle to that York Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »

I thank you madam.

Moomin Papa

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 06:34:15 PM »

Show us your spuds

York Alty

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »

we did order 4 kilos of carrots from Tesco.com in error the other day. No spuds, but plenty of carrots.

Moomin Papa

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 06:38:19 PM »

York Alty I raise my Cup-a-Soup to that!

Hamilton

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »

Ian Holloway on BBC website:  It's complete madness. They've got to vote every time they pick their team - absolute load of old poppycock, that is. All you need is one leader, one songsheet and away you go.
You need to be at the coalface with the players, day-in, day-out, seeing who's in form and who's not.
Hands up who wants the doors painted blue? 
You can't pick the team from a distance and have that many opinions bouncing around. It'll all end in tears.
Well done for putting your £35 up but let the manager get on with the business in hand.
Twenty thousand people running the club - that's going to have to be one hell of a room they book when they hold their annual general meeting.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »

Why do this?

Are they in debt?

Absolutely bizarre

Dougals Dad

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 09:28:35 AM »

Gravesfleetebbsend are a full time club with similar attendances to Alty. I remember from the commentary of our match against them that they need the money.

Butty

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »

we did order 4 kilos of carrots from Tesco.com in error the other day. No spuds, but plenty of carrots.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o   

TESCO!!!!!!!!

that is a crime

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 02:06:42 PM »

I see Ebbsfleet's 20,000 new owners turned out in droves to watch their new baby at Oxford yesterday: 196 of them through the away turnstiles.

It's time the football authorities and the various supporters organisations condemned this nonsense outright, as a decent Club with a decent set of supporters will become a complete laughing stock, and the rest of non league football will be tainted with it as a result. Having already had to deal with the copyists at FCUM, we now have to put up with Rosemary's Baby.

How many of Ebbsfleet's new owners also have shares in other Clubs: is this not against FA rules?

Praise must go to Liam Daish for behaving in such a dignified manner....but then what would you say if your job was suddenly at the whim of 20,000 unseen armchair "supporters"?

Hamilton

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »

Praise must go to Liam Daish for behaving in such a dignified manner....but then what would you say if your job was suddenly at the whim of 20,000 unseen armchair "supporters"?

Daish seems to be a quite decent manager. I suspect he won't be there too long

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2007, 03:46:23 PM »

I see Ebbsfleet's 20,000 new owners turned out in droves to watch their new baby at Oxford yesterday: 196 of them through the away turnstiles.

In fairness, that's about 120 more than they would usually take to Oxford and about 150 more than they brought to Moss Lane so a near 300% increase in away support is a good start, if that's replicated for their home matches they'll be getting 2,000+
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My Football Club - Ebbsfleet