PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My Football Club - Ebbsfleet
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My Football Club - Ebbsfleet  (Read 8681 times)

DarrenH

« on: November 13, 2007, 09:43:18 AM »

"MyFootballClub has agreed a deal in principle to purchase a controlling stake in Ebbsfleet United FC. Placed 9th in the Conference, Ebbsfleet United FC is one promotion from reaching the Football League for the first time in its history"

Rather them than us.

samba

Re: My Football Club - Ebbsfleet
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »

Just got that mail myself. Hilarious. Feel really sorry for any Ebbsfleet fans.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 09:49:38 AM »

On confguide there does not seem to be much reaction to it.

For me, their club have sold their soul, what was left of it after the name change.

I couldn't watch a novelty club and cheera team picked by random people around the country

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:11:48 AM »

What does this mean for Liam Daish's career as a manager?

Obviously its not his choice that this has happened...but like most of us...i imagine he cant just walk out of a job because of a change in circumstances.

Should Ebbsfleet win the Premiership in five years time...is it because he has done well with them in training and motivated them prior to games, but ultimately NOT picking the team.

Or...if they divebomb, can he claim no responsibility because he hasn't had overall control?

I feel sorry for him...he's in a no win situation.

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 10:11:53 AM »

My initial thoughts were, amazing, real life football manager. But then when it sunk in and I thought about how we'd feel if it was alty I realised its pretty bad.

There's so many questions they can't answer like what will they do when everyone loses interest? How will they stop a manager imposing his own rule? What if the team gets relegated twice because the decisions made are awful?

I predict a disaster!

Aussie Bob

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »

Unreal ...either Ebbsfleet were really in strife financially or they think that this investment will be enough to push them up into the league and guarantee full time football.....but with thousands of sugar daddies involved ?...the manager being compromised? ...local existing fans getting more and more frustrated with team selections made by people all over the country ??? ...apart from Ebbsfleet being Setantas new golden child for the first few games i can only see this long term end up crashing in a big heap ....

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »

I thought they wanted to buy Halifax. It sounds like an idea doomed from the start.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 11:24:51 AM »

What a shame for the Ebbsfleet supporters..not only have they acquired a silly name, but they've now become a disaster in waiting. Also, the conference is now tainted with this nonsense. It'll end in tears......
Bizarre choice...not exactly accessible for these new "supporters", is it?

On a positive note, at least this has steered clear well clear of Alty......

Cadiz Alty

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 01:19:05 PM »

It does not seem that bad
700k per year from members on top of gate receipts and earnings.
If they get fed up they can sell ! (the club is stronger?)

Thre are a certain number of available players each week that pick themselves as liam Daish suggested ( I am sure it would be moderated for injuries and tiredness etc)?
They would be able buy players or vote on the need to buy players that would be suggested by the management/ board and voted by the members.
The club belongs to fans and members ( I suppose the smaller the club- less are real fans)

What's the difference at Alty?
We have a certain number of fit players that are asked to play each week based on a selection criteria.
Coach replaces subs and dictates tactics. (no change - other than the fact the members would vote on coach replacement.)
On the transfer front we do not buy players (in fact I read recently we have not bought a player for a number of years?) so it would be an improvement.

What is it the downside?

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 01:35:26 PM »

oh dear oh dear.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »

What is it the downside?

Premise One: Most football fans, despite what they themselves may think, don't actually know very much about tactics, team selection, the transfer market etc...

Premise Two: It is generally accepted that someone in charge of a football club should know quite a bit about tactics, team selection, the transfer market etc...

Conclusion: myfootball club is a fundamentally flawed concept.

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »

The downside is that the club will effectively be controlled by a load of people sat at home on the internet, who are involved for the novelty value rather than any affection for the actual club.  The genuine Ebbsfleet fans will be squeezed out I fear.

How many people get involved in a club for the novelty or an ego trip, have big plans, get bored and pull out, leaving the club in a mess?  This is exactly the same risk but on a bigger scale.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:28:53 PM »

Their new strip is announced;

http://www.ebbsfleet.org.uk/

Cadiz Alty

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 04:34:01 PM »

Oh Dear Oh dear?   someone must know quite a lot on this subject? or they presume to know quite a lot?

700k per year a novelty??

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »

I'm glad they steered clear of Alty.

I feel sorry for the Gravesend & Northfleet fans.

This is one where the manager can say to the fans "you play championship manager at home" and the fans will say..."we are!...and we've just changed our manager!"

An absolutly ludicrous concept for anyone who understands football...for someone who doesn't understand football then it's an absolute cracker of an idea bound to take off and revolutionise the game.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team