News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Extra facilities for Millwall game?

Author Topic: Extra facilities for Millwall game?  (Read 2826 times)

Alty365

« on: October 31, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »

This was referred to by Hughesy in a previous thread, but given the numbers expected for this game I think we seriously need to consider providing extra toilets and snack facilities to cater for all the extra people. There is plenty of space in the corner between the pop side and Golf Road end and I don't think it's practical to have everyone using the facilities adjacent to the club shop.

Does anyone know if the club are making such arrangements?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Extra facilities for Millwall game?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 03:58:09 PM »

I don't know, but I do know that if they do it will prob require extra volunteers.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

I don't know, but I do know that if they do it will prob require extra volunteers.

If there are extra snack facilities that would definitely be the case. However, of more importance is the provision of extra toilets and that would not require volunteers. Needless to say, if I was around during the next week or so I would gladly help but it's just not physically possible.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »

It would be great to set up a marqee bar in that corner with a few barrels and platic cups, proberbly not a good idea for this game though.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

It would be great to set up a marqee bar in that corner with a few barrels and platic cups, proberbly not a good idea for this game though.

Interesting thought - that would surely make it even more crucial to have extra loos nearby! :)

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »

It is absolutely essential that the Noel White Suite is stocked to the gills with crisps and snacks and enough alcohol to cater for the extra demand. Again, the club may already be onto this, but it's important that every angle is covered.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

well if we did get a result of any sort the bbc would love to have camara's in the suite to watch the players and supportors reaction to the 2nd round draw, that is of course if it's straight after the games again ???

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »

Interesting thought - that would surely make it even more crucial to have extra loos nearby! :)
If it is possible the revenue from the extra beer may cover the costs of the marque and toilets?  Although to sell alcohol publicly would it need a licence which i expect would never happen?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »

Not sure about the license, it could be done quite cheaply by blocking the view to the pitch with temporary fencing and plastic sheets then an open marquee with two pumps/barrels £3 a pint, a few stewards/coppers and a couple of loos and it would do a roaring trade ???

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 07:11:37 PM »

Not sure about the license, it could be done quite cheaply by blocking the view to the pitch with temporary fencing and plastic sheets then an open marquee with two pumps/barrels £3 a pint, a few stewards/coppers and a couple of loos and it would do a roaring trade ???
The license only covers the Noel White and sponsors lounge. Also extra facility's are being planned for the day i:e Toilets and  snack bars.
@AltyDaz

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »

The license only covers the Noel White and sponsors lounge. Also extra facility's are being planned for the day i:e Toilets and  snack bars.

Thanks Darren that's absolutely brilliant news.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team