PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From Millwall forum
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: From Millwall forum  (Read 16310 times)

Monty

Re: From Millwall forum
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »

The reason i didn't go to leeds was that I refuse to give Bates my money.  Looking forward to Alty though, just a pity that all the hotels in Manchester appear to be full on the Saturday night.

You can expect Millwall to bring their own police (seriously) so stewarding won't be a problem.

baldrick

theboss

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »

The ground is designated as grade A, ie league standard so therefore whether we draw Millwall, Leeds ,Man U or anyone the ground is worthy of staging the fixture. Havants ground where Last years game with Millwall was moved to Pompey is not Moss Lane, there is no comparison. We have a perfectly segregated ground, experienced professional stewards so there should be no issue.

Our game at havant was moved by the police, because of our rivalry with pompey. there was no segregation and intelligence (or lack of) told the ob pompey were going to be at the game. At least at Fratton pk the fans were kept well apart and police knew all the routes and stations etc. that game nearly crippled Havant. the police bill was going to be far more than they could generate through tickets and stuff. fortunately there was a decent crowd (8k ish if i remember rightly) and it covered the cost. i hope this dont ruin your big day in the same way.

DarrenH

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »

Its great to hear positive comments from some of the Millwall guys posting on our forum,
Lets all look forward to a great game with a great atmosphere.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 11:02:58 PM »

We hope for another 4 points this season!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From Millwall forum