PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kendal Town
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kendal Town  (Read 4996 times)

crossie

Re: Kendal Town
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »

Im a Sharks Fan

Anyway back to the point, i don't see why many fans are being so negative about this game on Saturday. Yes its the 4QR of the FA Cup, and they are going to be up for it. But there is know reason why we can't hammer them;
1)  they are 2 leagues below us which gives us an advantage. Look at it this way,  i know it wasnt the most attractive game of football ever, but we saw off Witton 3-0, and they are higher up than Kendal, so its probable going to be the same style of match.
2) Some games we have played this season, in our league we have played well and it just hasn't worked out for us, so dont you all think the players will go out there and try to show that we can play good football and have a good cup run (as its long overdue).
3) Finally our players will be slightly fitter than theres so we will be able to cope with the game, where as they will struggle as they are not used to playing a side of our quality.

So please stop giving them negative press and think positively over the issue, because suppport goes a long way!

louise1925

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 10:48:40 PM »

Hale Alty, you are right, this is the FA Cup! In truth, absolutely anything can happen in this competition. I believe we will win, but our defence was atrocious in the first half on Saturday and will definately concede goals. That is not being negative, just honest.

crossie

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 11:20:15 PM »

True, true
I could not make the game on Saturday as i was working in London all day,so i cant comment on our proformance but apparently it was horific; but yes i can agree with you that this season our defence has been scrappy.
The more fans we take, and the more vocal we are, the team will benifit a great deal, becuause they will understand how important this game is for the club, therefore giving them that extra positive support for us to win

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 05:41:07 AM »

I agree and stand by my first posting saying Alty to win 2-0 etc.
Harold

Bath Alty

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 10:22:05 PM »

We are one of the best two or three part time teams in the country and we should be going into this game with great confidence.  I know the memory of past slip ups makes us nervous but most of this team haven't been involved in those any more than they were involved in the great results of the past.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kendal Town