PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kendal Town - An Internet Wilderness?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kendal Town - An Internet Wilderness?  (Read 9133 times)

teasybeaver

Re: Kendal Town - An Internet Wilderness?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »

Im glad we're dreaming of the big teams we may face and not the money this year. I think a tie against Macc, Leeds, Crewe or Forest is a bigger motive for the players than the pressure we've had in the past to earn valuable money.

We've shown over the past few years that we dont need the money so lets just enjoy the day at kendal, hope for a win and then enjoy the intensity of the draw which we've missed out on for so long!!!

I think the Kendal boys are dreaming if they think we'll be suprised, but we'll need to respect them!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »

Probably because I'm over pesimistic but I think the game will be bloody difficult, their players are going to be well up for it and it will depend on whether we can:-
a. weather the inevitable first 5 mins
b. not get dragged into a scrappy 80 mins prior to them scoring near the end

I remember feeling years ago overly confident about beating mosley at home when we got beat 3-0 and feeling confident when we went away to north ferriby utd a while back and again got beaten by being scrappy.
Having said that if we score early we could score a hatfull
Bernard Taylors barmy army

altyf

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 02:15:54 PM »

Am i the only one who thinks Netherfield is a much better name than Kendall Town?

Yes, but you are also the only person who thinks Kendal Town is spelt with 2 l's.

Alex

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »

just remember though as we are dreaming of that first round tie against leeds or nottingham forest the kendal boys will be thinking the same as there only one match away from the first round too. so let's not be complacent but lets be possitive and attack them chris senior seems to be in the mood for scoring just reciently (after a first half hat trick last night)

come on alty

markecky

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

Duke - don't fall into the trap mate...

ukvegan

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 09:58:59 AM »

Whatever happens, if the winner gets Leeds in the first round give them plenty of grief as they really are horrible b***ards that I would love to see embarrassed beyond belief.

thegazelle

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 12:04:23 PM »

Still holding grudges against the tykes  then Mr Vegan ,it must have been all the time you spent with Hawes

Looie is alive, of a fashion, and currently in Ghana under the nom de plume of the Gazelle he ist returning to wales next week

unfortunately the golf club have had the cheek to book their annual function and i have to work on the day of the big match.

Are you well? I suspect i know your ID as i believe you bumped into Mr bump at some stage. I am still in touch with UNA, Mr hall and some others

email me at knightonhotel@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kendal Town - An Internet Wilderness?