News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shotton to stay

Author Topic: Shotton to stay  (Read 2009 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shotton to stay
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:21:36 PM »

Fantastic the lad seems to have fitted in really well and is enjoying his football here, must be the red and white stripes ;D

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:28:45 PM »

He has tried to fit in and not have a "I'm at Stoke really you know" attitude which some players come with, usually before they return to their club and get released.

I took a real shine to when he went mad after the Droylsden goals!

harv

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 03:53:31 PM »

He has been responsible for our defense improving glad we have got the lad for longer.  Nice to see a loan signing without the attitude of "when am i coming back from loan boss"

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 04:12:55 PM »

I get the impression he likes the supporters, as he wants to 'help us get a few more wins at home'.

Although it also says a lot about our confidence, as I think the squad maybe feel under a bit too much pressure to deliver at home. We've performed pretty well away this season but at home we have stuttered quite a bit.

I think the pressure from supporters has caused this to an extent, which is reflected in Shottons comments. Im not sure it helps when people say that a 0-0 draw at home to the best away side in the league isn't a great result. For a club who is short on confidence and clean sheets, plus full time stamina I thought it was a fantastic result! I can understand frustration at our league position but some attitudes really do show rocketing expectations!

Keep up the sterling work boys, and hopefully that confidence will be there for Ebbsfleet!  ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 04:21:19 PM »

I just hope that Stoke City allow Ryan Shotton to play for us in the forthcoming FA Cup tie on 27th October!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shotton to stay