News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Richard Acton

Author Topic: Richard Acton  (Read 2278 times)

seasonticket

Richard Acton
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »

Nobody has yet mentioned the fantastic save Accy made just before the one he sort of scooped round the post in the last seconds of added time.
Not sure who had the shot but I was right behind the line the ball was taking. It was a good hard shot, heading for the bottom corner. Accy got down brilliantly with his left hand to turn it round for a corner. That save for me won us the point.
Well done Accy and the rest of the team for an excellent performance

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Acton
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »

I mentioned it last night, I agree it was an excellent save. The second shot skidded off the surface and he did really well.

Well done Richard ;D

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »

i 4 games with acton in net we had 3 clean sheets. i'm a big stu fan but at the moment i wonder if him walking back in is the best thing for the club.

discuss

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 11:21:06 AM »

This debate comes up every now and again. The fact is, Accy never ever lets us down when he is called upon. Would the club ever drop Stu? It's such a hard decision, but at least the competition is there for GH.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »

Seems strange we went on a good run last season when stu was sidelined, same happening again?

Is it that Accy is better than Stu?
Is that the defence feel they have top protect Accy more?
Is it coincidence?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »

I think that competition for places is essential and that includes the goalkeeper.  The legend that Coburn is - and he has generally been a better keeper than Acton - I think it would be very harsh on Acton to be dropped when he has played well this season, including last night.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 02:15:43 PM »

Acton has been excellent, and kept us in the game last night no doubt. But I still don't (for some reason) feel that confident when balls are crossed into the box with Acton. It may be the tentative way he appears to gather them, I don't know, but I feel far more confident with Stu in net and I'm sure he will be back when he's fully fit. Plus, he can actually kick the ball straight!

But Acton is brilliant, and we do need him at the club. He could have buggered off long ago and his attitudein staying and producing the goods when called upon is superb.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Richard Acton