News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 excellent

Author Topic: excellent  (Read 3241 times)

dino

excellent
« on: October 10, 2007, 12:39:30 AM »

best performance of the season ............ very positive line up.Logan made all the differnce from saturday,giving us pace,width and an outlet.The back four were superb,Ryan was outstanding and Clare never got a sight of goal.Peyton and Senior both ran marathons,and if we can maintain that level of commitment and discipline we will definiteley survive.

The Fan

Re: excellent
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 08:18:31 AM »

I agree. Not sure that Ryan Shotton stands out enough !!!! Outstanding player and has looked a class act every time Ive seen him. Hows the attempts to get him on a longer term deal coming along?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:06:04 AM »

Cannot fault the commitment last night, team selection ok and better than last saturday. Logan worries me in that he is entertaining to watch but the end product lacks?

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »

I cant imagine GH was overly impressed with the fact that Logan didnt get the ball over having beaten his man on numerous occasions...but the fact remains, that when it was lashing it down, and Carlos was running at their defenders...Burton didnt fancy it at all!

Shotton was immense as per...the back four in general played with a confidence highlighted with headers etc back to Acko, who himself helped secure us a thoroughly deserved point.

I think the last 10 when we were under the cosh a little was purely down to the old part time fitness vs. full time stamina scenario, but could not fault any of the lads on their commitment and determination to dig deep and grind out the result.

Well done players & management on a great result, in difficult conditions against a team that may well be in the football league next year.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »

Well done players & management on a great result, in difficult conditions against a team that may well be in the football league next year.

Great post.. well done lads great result
Come on you red and white........

AltySi

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »

I'll probably get peaked for this, but I cannot agree that last night was excellent.

Whilst I am pleased how well the defence played, in particular Shotton, Tinson and Acton, and also that we got our first clean sheet at home, we hardly tested Poole at all which is not really good enough for a home side in my opinion.

I agree that Burton are a very good side, and I wouldn;t have been shocked if we'd lost last night because it was a difficult game  but I cannot be pleased with a goaless draw at home, and I cannot agree that it was our best performance of the season either. The best performance for me was at Crawley, and the best home performance was Droylsden, though last night was obviosuly our best home defensive performace.

We need to create more chance for Little and Senior because we know they can score goals, and they will if they are presented with the right opportunities.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »

Whilst I am pleased how well the defence played, in particular Shotton, Tinson and Acton, and also that we got our first clean sheet at home, we hardly tested Poole at all which is not really good enough for a home side in my opinion.

I agree that Burton are a very good side, and I wouldn;t have been shocked if we'd lost last night because it was a difficult game  but I cannot be pleased with a goaless draw at home, and I cannot agree that it was our best performance of the season either. The best performance for me was at Crawley, and the best home performance was Droylsden, though last night was obviosuly our best home defensive performace.

We need to create more chance for Little and Senior because we know they can score goals, and they will if they are presented with the right opportunities.

Dont get greedy now  ;D

It was a damn good performance.

If you say you would not have been shocked at a defeat, then surely a draw is a good result?

Perhaps your expectations are too high? I believe someone in the club mentioned expections a few months back?

AltySi

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

A draw was an OK result, I'm not upset or disguested with a draw, but I just cannot agree that it is an excellent result.  I don;t belive my expectations are too high, I've watched Alty through some pretty bleak times, I don;t believe I'm being greedy either, I just think that as a home side you need to test the away keeper more than we did last night. As I said earlier the defense was excellent and we definitely didn't deserve to lose the game, but we didn;t deserve to win it either and that's because we didn't do enough in the final third.

I am on the other hand relieved that I am not a Northwich fan, because then we really would have problems !

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 12:30:23 PM »

The problem Altysi is that we never really do enough damage in the final third, that unfortunately is one of the problems we have at present. But it has got better since Col and Chris are playing upfront together.

thegazelle

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »

I am on the other hand relieved that I am not a Northwich fan, because then we really would have problems !
Posted on: Today at 12:19:20 pmPosted by: Jenga 

i like being hand relieved as well,

thought a draw was agreat result for us and 4 points from the last 3 games is what we all said we would settle for after the droylesden game

altyf

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 05:46:46 PM »

I've got to say I'm half and half on this one....whilst I belive it was a good compact, team performance and a fantastic result, we just didn't test their keeper enough and more worryingly, this seems to be the case after many games....and I definitely don't think it was our best performance of the season....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »

I think the phrase half and half sums it up pretty well. And the rest of that is spot on too to be fair. What I would say is that we have started to defend pretty well recently but have had some periods of absolute madness, last night we didn't have the latter. i would like to see us offer more goal threat but if we can defend CONSISTENTLY like we did last night I think we'll have enough about us to have a good season.

Maybe GHs persistance with defensive tactics, which I feel are a little bizarre at times, are bearing fruit in that we're getting better at it now.

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »

It's strange, but I don't think I've seen a better team than Burton this season. Yes, I know we've had a few hidings against fancied teams, but I still think Burton looked incredibly strong, confident and organised. That's why I think it represents our best performance so far. Nobody gave us a hope in hell of getting a point and really we had no right to get one, but there were times in that game when we had a team who are probably going to get promoted, seriously on the back foot. It would be nice to create a few more chances, especially at home, but nevertheless I left an Alty match last night feeling fairly proud of the team for the first time in ages. Forget the lack of goals for a moment, just look at the photographs of the likes of Scotty and Warren at the end of the game. They CARED and that's really what counts, isn't it?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 excellent