News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket Prices

Author Topic: Ticket Prices  (Read 3114 times)

chrisrufc

Ticket Prices
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »

Don't think ill of me because I know it was discussed on here in pre season but I really think £12 is asking too much especially when you consider that Macclesfield is offering football league for £2 less.  It's not just an Altrincham thing because most football is overpriced but you would normally consider cheaper entry as a perk of watching a part time club.

I'll be there tonight anyway

samba

Re: Ticket Prices
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:01:33 AM »

I think it's the classic debate between affording to run the club but keeping prices low enough to make people come.  Countless times i've tried to persuade friends to come to the Alty game, and they're usually up for it until they hear the price.  No one can beleive how expensive it is (and that's on top of the fact most my friends are students, so we get in for £7).

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:04:52 AM »

Sorry but we can't do much more than be the cheapest in league surely?

matnvfcmad

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:05:38 AM »

ours is also £12 mike connet the robbing t**t :P

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 12:28:39 PM »

Sorry but we can't do much more than be the cheapest in league surely?

It's only £10 for an adult to stand at Farsley.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:37:13 PM »

It's only £10 for an adult to stand at Farsley.

Yes but the extra petrol from Chester to Yorkshire more than accounts for the difference  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:41:42 PM »

I think it's also important to point out that under 14's can get in for just £2. I think that is terrific value personally and I also feel that the price rise to £12 was inevitable. If someone had come up to you at 4.50pm after the Aldershot game last April and said we could stay up but it would cost an extra £2 per game to get in I think we'd have had plenty of takers.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »

We live in Altrincham and all drive Ferrari's so we can afford £12.00.

Anyway I will counter this arguement of £12.00 being too much by the following:-

1) Cheapest in the league.
2) Season tickets cost only £160.00 (£160 divided by 23 games = £6.95 per game)

Is £6.95 a game too expensive???

Get a season mate and you are laughing.

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »

Season tickets are great value. I was surprised more people didn't take up the offer.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:58:55 PM »

This is coming back to a discussion we had at the start of the season, we tried desperately to keep the price down as we had for years but £2 is an extra £2k a game, £1k a week, 3 good players. It had to be done. But I do know what you mean.

samba

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »

I think i've come accross wrong here.  I'm not in any way criticising the club for it, I completely understand why it needs to be done and know that if we're to progress we need that extra income.  I don''t have a problem with it, but just saying it can be a factor to putting some people off coming.

chrisrufc

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 11:39:47 PM »

Thats all I meant too, im sure many a person has seen the pained expression on their friends face when you tell them the cost but i've been quite pleased with how the crowds have held up so far this season

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 12:23:33 AM »

Crowds have been down undoubtedly but we have been rooted in the bottom four for ages and 5 defeats out of 6 before tonight makes it a bit of a struggle. It's funny the way the extra £2 makes difference, £10 is a nice round number. Suppose it's the old £9.99 trick.

Lets not lose faith. To put it into perspective, Forest Green leathered someone (in this case Northwich) AGAIN to cement 5th positon in the league. The crowd...852. Not having a dig at them for once, just saying that I think we may be in better nick than some people think.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket Prices