PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More kerfuffle at Vics!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: More kerfuffle at Vics!  (Read 11141 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: More kerfuffle at Vics!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 09:22:47 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: Vics find their white knight?
By Andrew Simpson
Comment
A GROUP of Manchester businessmen have launched a last-ditch bid to save Northwich Victoria.

Spokesman Jim Rush tonight told supporters that they had reached an agreement with Mike Connett to buy the club.

His revelation was met with spontaneous applause.

"We've shook hands on a deal," he said.

"As long as he Connett sticks to what he has said then we will go forward from here."

Rush and his four colleagues, which include former Woodley Sports chairman Ian Campbell, now need to persuade HM Revenue and Customs that they are able to pay off at least some of Vics' £350,000 tax bill.

They have hired Bury business advisors DTE to negotiate with the UK's tax department from tomorrow morning, Friday.

"We are a group of football fans who each run small businesses," Rush told fans at a public meeting at the Floatel.

"All of us have been looking to buy into a club for the past 18 months.

"We were going to start out at North West Counties level because we did not expect a Conference National club to be available.

"Obviously the figures are different and we will need more money."

Should their plan work then the club will become tenants of Connett's Beaconet company that owns the Victoria Stadium, much in the same way it is now.

The Guardian understands that arrangement would be rent free until the end of the current campaign.

However the most likely scenario is that Northwich Victoria Football Club (2004) Limited would have to go into administration, meaning Rush's co-operative may be able to pay less than the amount currently owed to HM Revenue and Customs.

For now their immediate aim is to get an adjournment of Wednesday's planned winding-up hearing at the High Court of Justice.

"It's a dream for all of us," said Rush, who revealed only that he owned a leisure business'.

"We want to be involved in football and give this a real go."

11:45pm Thursday 11th October 2007

@AltyDaz

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »

It would depend on what they'd get out of the rent agreement with Connett.  If they can keep the catering and bar takings, car park fees etc, then they could probably make a go of it.   

markecky

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »

Four Northwest business men looking for a club to invest in?

So you want to buy a club that owes £500,000, a contracted £10,000 a week wage bill on players that have currently yeilded 2 points.  You'd like to pay rent to the man with a track record of bankcrupcy.  You'd like to inherit a fan base of who (guessing) 50% are actually quite keen on leaving MC with a white elephant of a ground and forming a fans club from the bottom?

Of all the clubs to invest in, if you have no emotional  ties  to Vics, why would you do that?

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »

We all know Vics spend half their time in the manure and half the time resurfacing smelling of roses.

Another administration and the key seems to be persuading the adjournment of the winding up with the promise that they'll still only pay a percentage of what is owed...mind you as NVFC(2004) have absolutly zero assetts to sell if wound up then it's better than nothing.

It does sound like the 4 business people could have more fun taking a lower placed side currently on a stable footing up through the leagues.

First thing they'd need to do is work out a budget based on crowds of about 700 every other week and be ruthless like Mr Goodwin about it.

If they've any sense of justice they'd also look at an alternative groundshare once the rent free period at the VS has expired and shaft the walrus good and proper!

teasybeaver

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 11:15:10 AM »

Seeing as though they have no hopers like carl furlong on contracts my only question is how will they cut the ten grand weekly budget and still have any players to fulfil fixtures at the end of it?

How do you get rid of these players? Ballers perhaps you can help?

If they have shaken hands with connett on this then I wouldnt be suprised if it goes to the dogs, a connett handshake is worth about as much as a season ticket to colne dynamoes!

markecky

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 11:22:31 AM »

The only way you get rid of these players is to make them an offer Beavs.

"Look, you aren't in my plans (i.e you won't play here again for me) so here is £5,000, we'll release and say you'll be a great asset to someone else even though you're an arse.  If you refuse and then sit here and take the weekly money you'll get fat, people will forget about you and you'll be that player that sat in the stand at Vics for 6 months"

They usually take the offer when its put in front of them.

Alex

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »

"Look, you aren't in my plans (i.e you won't play here again for me) so here is £5,000, we'll release and say you'll be a great asset to someone else even though you're an arse.  If you refuse and then sit here and take the weekly money you'll get fat, people will forget about you and you'll be that player that sat in the stand at Vics for 6 months"

so thats where justin bowler is .....

teasybeaver

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »

The only way you get rid of these players is to make them an offer Beavs.

They usually take the offer when its put in front of them.

Having read that, i'm with you, the worst investment in the world. It will cost them a fortune just to get a realistic wage budget. No fans will come through the door whilst they play in the 'connett arena' and their realistic playing squad will get trounced week in - week out.

Surely these investors would be better by spear-heading an AFC club next season and getting them to rise salmon-like through the pyramid?

matnvfcmad

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 05:21:45 PM »

NVFC will never die ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 08:25:02 PM »

:o

Teasy, I'm not a professional hitman mate. Not sure why I could be of any use?

That said, if that fat T**t Brayson was still there I'd be prepared to try and give it a go for nowt.

teasybeaver

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 08:01:24 AM »

:o

Teasy, I'm not a professional hitman mate. Not sure why I could be of any use?

That said, if that fat T**t Brayson was still there I'd be prepared to try and give it a go for nowt.

I was actually hoping you may have an understanding of contracted players and how NVFC will be able to reduce their wage bill?

Do you think any of them would just give up their contracts at the clubs request or play for nowt?? My sympathy is waining slightly and, christmas aside, i'd be quite happy for them to form a successful AFC club.

Ps. I heard you were a stealth in the night with a 9mm + silencer?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »

Lets hope Northwich Survive and then we can have some more good LOCAL encounters.Alty needs teams like Northwich
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:25 PM »

Anyone who is contracted can only go in this dam transfer window, unless you nullified the contract by breaking it (i.e. not paying wages) so I think anyone intending to sit on their arse and collect their money would have to bear in mind they'd be there for 6 months, not like you can just go somewhere in March.

You do have to keep yourself in the shop window so to speak...even if you are sit doing f***all in it..

Dunno really.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More kerfuffle at Vics!