News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is no middle ground

Author Topic: There is no middle ground  (Read 1274 times)

Alty365

« on: October 07, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »

I didn't see the game yesterday, but a situation seems to be occurring which is strangely familiar. I know I had my opinions on certain things recently but I feel a lot of those concerns have been answered (mostly in the answers I received to questions I emailed to the club for the meeting with Graham two weeks ago).

The situation, put simply, is that in some people's eyes we either lose and we're absolutely doomed or alternatively we win a couple of games and they are cock-a-hoop.

Why not give credit for the recent improvements and accept that there will be hiccups along the way? It's not as if we got dicked 5-0 yesterday and from what I've been told by my parents who were at the game a draw would have been a fair result. We're going to be inconsistent so let's get used to that fact because it's not going to change overnight.

VofD

Re: There is no middle ground
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »

It's not so much that we are inconsistent, it's that we are still clueless.Of course we deserved something from yesterday, but defensive errors let us down.The ball is still being hoofed forward by the back 4 to our 2 diminutive strikers who are regularly up against 4 x 6ft plus defenders. Nothing seems to be chanelled through the midfield to try and create opportunities for the strikers. We never get enough bodies into the box when attacking, because of what appears to be a 1 - 8 - 2 formation.When was the last time we had a free kick just outside the box inthe D, or indeed a penalty as the result of someone running at the opposition defence inside the box. And still GH has everyone behind the ball at oppostion set pieces, thereby no outlet for when the ball is cleared.All the players running around in a pack with little or no width etc etc.

No doubt there is plenty of perspiration, but there is very little in the way of inspiration.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team