News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England training at BTH

Author Topic: England training at BTH  (Read 1730 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
England training at BTH
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »

Told you they were tinpot  ;D ;D

Apparently its almost the same artificial pitch to the one they be playing on in their next game .... This country  ;D ;D

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: England training at BTH
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »

It is an poor surface to be playing football on. I was linesperson at Crewe Ladies v Aston Villa Ladies on the 12th September. That game was played on a similar artificial surface. The ball does not run true. It was like playing on a soft ground surface. This surface suits a long ball side. I'm still clearing the black bits from my footwear now.
They really should be beating teams like us

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

I've lined a few times for Stockport County Ladies fixtures at Woodley Sports and would concur with my Cestrian colleague.

Lots and lots of lower limb strains amongst players and officials and it really doesn't run right (Although that being said it's a billion times better than the old astrturf pitches were)

You can't beat grass so far as I'm concerned

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 07:21:54 PM »

School pitches in to help England

24/ 9/2007

ENGLAND'S Euro 2008 hopefuls will prepare for next month's crucial qualifier with Russia on a £1m state-of-the-art school pitch in Trafford.

Uefa has given Russia permission to play the Group E encounter on an artificial surface at the Luzhny stadium on October 17.

The move is slightly unusual given the pitch must be ripped up next spring to ensure the Champions League Final in May is played on grass.

However, England coach Steve McClaren is laid back about the decision and, after successive three-goal wins over Israel and Russia this month, is focusing more on completing qualification for next summer's finals than worrying about what surface his team will be playing on.

In any event, McClaren has located an exact replica in the north-west.

So, instead of heading for Arsenal's London Colney training base or Manchester United's Carrington training ground, both of which have synthetic pitches but of slightly different grade, England will instead use the facilities at the Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College in Altrincham for their final practice session before the flight to Moscow.

"It is absolutely fantastic," said headmaster John Cornally.

"For our school to be able to play a part in helping England qualify is marvellous.

"Lessons might be difficult that day and we may have to be flexible in that regard but what we don't want to do is get in the way of the important thing, which is for the England team to train without any interruptions or distractions.

"In exchange for a few autographs and signed shirts, we will make sure that happens."
@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England training at BTH