PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your opinions please
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your opinions please  (Read 10682 times)

Alex

Re: Your opinions please
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 05:39:27 PM »

it was from open play and about 10 mins after the sending off but the whole game just seemed to fly by with all the celbrating that was going on

penfold

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 05:47:20 PM »

Oh right kwl im glad that bit of confusion is cleared now, but yeah it was a game which flew, i think it was just the whole excitment that we were beating vics on boxing day, in our first derby for more than a year is what made it an extra special occasion. I cant wait till the festive period for us this season, vic twice in the space of 2 weeks or so more excitment to come i home.

Hey if vics play really bad between now an then and lose most of there games, i theory would it be posible we could relegate them over christmas? That would probably be an amazin christmas if we beat them and sent them down at the same time!

altyf

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 05:53:29 PM »

would it be posible we could relegate them over christmas?

Regreattably no, thats just impossible unfortunately!  :'(

penfold

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 05:59:28 PM »

ARR thats a shame, maybe another season or 2, if we stay up an they have to work there way back into the league. we can live in hope (y) that some day we will get the chance to do that.

Another question for you, sort of ties in with the title of the Topic

Do you think the game tomorow night will be a walk over, and what score line you all going for?

3-0 Alty with much of the posesion going to us

radcliffe alty

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 06:33:18 PM »

I loved Peyton's thunderbolt free kick against Cambridge last season in the 5-0. I say Little's overhead kick from the corner of the penalty area (was it against Harrogate?) was one of the best I have ever seen at Moss Lane.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »

Yes...it was against Harrogate in September 2004.

altyf

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »

I dont think it will be a walk over at all!

We will rest any players with any knocks or niggles and we will probably tell the players to take it SLIGHTLY easy cus we dont want any strains or injuries...also Witton'll be well up for it, we are away from home and they'll be thinking its a great chance for some confidence to get one over conference opponents...i mean a few years ago we played Leigh away (think it was FA trophy) and were rocalthough they k bottom we were really pleased to see we could more than match a conference side and we saw from the fans reaction to maddogs goal how much that meant...I presume it will be a similar feeling for them!

mannerz

Warren Peyton
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 10:27:44 PM »

ive been to almost every alty gayme for the past 3 seasons and i still dont understand why Graham Heathcote starts with Peyton  ??? everytime he gets the ball he goes for the difficultlong ball, hes slow, cant head and isnt the greatest tackler.
i think aspinall should start ahead of him, hes got a good head, gets stuck in and has a decent shot on him, what more can you ask for then that??
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:29:43 PM by mannerz »

louise1925

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »

I know this forum is all about opinions, but the previous post is just crap. WP, ok he is not a left back (he readily admits this), but his all round effort and impact for Alty has been fabulous. He has played in an alien position for ages, without complaint and done extremely well. I hope he stays at Alty for a long, long time.
AltyBri

altyf

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 10:58:28 PM »

Absolute B*llocks, Peyton much better than Asa at left back....fact! Hes done wonders for the club.

Jacko

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 11:50:29 PM »

It is the best league in the world to play football in....fact

markecky

Re: Warren Peyton
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 07:57:16 AM »

ive been to almost every alty gayme for the past 3 seasons and i still dont understand why Graham Heathcote starts with Peyton  ??? everytime he gets the ball he goes for the difficultlong ball, hes slow, cant head and isnt the greatest tackler.
i think aspinall should start ahead of him, hes got a good head, gets stuck in and has a decent shot on him, what more can you ask for then that??

Thanks for that Asa, do you think you'll start against Witton?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 09:01:40 AM »

My Nana is better at left back than Asa.

penfold

Re: Warren Peyton
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »

What a load of old sh*t! Peyton has played very well for us, and he definatly has more confidence in his football than Azza!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »

.i mean a few years ago we played Leigh away (think it was FA trophy) and were rocalthough they k bottom we were really pleased to see we could more than match a conference side and we saw from the fans reaction to maddogs goal how much that meant...I presume it will be a similar feeling for them!

In a match that funded most of our spporters travel for the rest of the season. Alty were somehow 2/1 to beat a dire Leigh side. Just about everyone I know who is interested in football and gambling...i.e. everyone I know, was onto that one in a flash. I had £40 on United to win at Liverpool (ended 1-0 Rooney scored) and us to win at Leigh. Half of Alty was on ie, surprised the odds weren't forced down.

Anyone else?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your opinions please