News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darren Tinsons first Alty victory?

Author Topic: Darren Tinsons first Alty victory?  (Read 1244 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »

Since when? I had a little discussion with Tinno yesterday enquiring whether this was the first competitive Alty match that he has been involved in that we have won since the FA Cup replay against Colwyn Bay in October 1992.

I mentioned how our initial thought were that he was just a young unibond defender with a mullet who we wouldn't see again but as it happened our paths would cross many times wit him being an absolute rock of a defender and putting us to the sword for Vics, Macc, Shrewsbury and Burton. ANd hence how we were so glad to have him here, as despite all opposition banter he is one of the emminent conference defenders in recent times who we always had a hell of a lot of respect for.

Tinno thinks so but wasn't sure if I'm right about this being Alty first win but as far as Ic an remember he played for Vics when they beat us 4-3 with Oghani scoring, played for Macc when they won the league so unlikely there, came abck with Shrewsbury to knock us out of the Trophy and we've had nowt off Burton since we got back.

It may be possibly he played in the game we won 3-2 at Macc, Mark Clancy played, snow was cleared off the pitch, Dean Pritchard scored the winner.  ;D ;D

Anyone? Has one of the longest hoodoos in football been broken at last?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team