+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 csc

Author Topic: csc  (Read 2719 times)

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
csc
« on: September 22, 2007, 08:30:58 PM »

is the cheshire senior cup a reserve cup thing ?? or first team??

altyf

Re: csc
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:52:16 PM »

For the bigger clubs or the clubs who have more important games or could get further in something like the FA Cup/FA Trophy, it is a ridiculous competition to be honest because they field poor sides and its just a waste of space...not only that, but any first teamers that play could get needlessly injured and that could really hurt them in the league games. For teams like Witton it could be quite good because they get a chance to test themselves against teams like us, and in a way it can be good for teams like us to go to Crewe etc.

When we got to the final the other year and beat Crewe there were great scenes and twas a great night out...proud to support the Cheshire senior cup winners but in truth we wont play a strong team and it isnt that important at all.

Its particularly bad for us really, because we already struggle being part time in a full time league and it could just wear players out...also, it seems to take priority over league games these days which means, the league games that are postponed are crammed in somewhere else in the fixture list and its harder for us!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:38 PM »

We should play the strongest team available,and try and win the game, should we win that would be two on the bounce, giving the squad a bit of confidence

joe

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »

Disagree with the above. The Cheshire cup is a realistic chance of silverware this season,especially now the league clubs are no longer in the competition. I expect us to rest a few players on Tuesday night,but still think we'll put a team out capable of wiining the game.

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 09:31:43 PM »

I disagree,
we should play a strong team winning is a good habit and also its usually a chance to invade northwich  on the beer train.

great scenes on beating Crewe and we would havew been delirious if we had beaten macc at witton a few years ago

go for chaps the cheshire senior cup is the real deal

penfold

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 10:24:24 PM »

For the bigger clubs or the clubs who have more important games or could get further in something like the FA Cup/FA Trophy, it is a ridiculous competition to be honest because they field poor sides and its just a waste of space...not only that, but any first teamers that play could get needlessly injured and that could really hurt them in the league games. For teams like Witton it could be quite good because they get a chance to test themselves against teams like us, and in a way it can be good for teams like us to go to Crewe etc.

When we got to the final the other year and beat Crewe there were great scenes and twas a great night out...proud to support the Cheshire senior cup winners but in truth we wont play a strong team and it isnt that important at all.

Its particularly bad for us really, because we already struggle being part time in a full time league and it could just wear players out...also, it seems to take priority over league games these days which means, the league games that are postponed are crammed in somewhere else in the fixture list and its harder for us!

Part of me agrees with you there where you have said we dont want uncessary injurys because with the season we have had so far any thing like that would be disaster for us.
But in theory it gives some players the chance to experiance 1st teams football in a cup game. And also the managment can use it as a way of sorting out any issues that the team might be having e.g communication errors, therefore they can sort these problems so we dont carry them through into an important game in the league.

Bath Alty

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:06:25 PM »

Do we need to take the opportunity to give Sedge more time in goal? ;)

Butty

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 07:51:02 AM »

Do we need to take the opportunity to give Sedge more time in goal? ;)

could actually be a good idea that he gets some time in goal to cover any future injuries

joe

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:03 AM »

He may have to play in goal on Tuesday if Coburn and Acton are still unavailable because even if Saunders recovers from injury,i'm sure the Cheshire FA have a  rule that a player must be signed atleast seven days before the match. I seem to rememeber us getting in trouble a few years back for playing Ricky Greenough when he hadn't signed in time and also possibly Martin Lewis. I may be wrong though. Can anyone confirm this?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 08:42:49 AM »

Acton will be fit for tuesday by all accounts

louise1925

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 08:46:20 AM »

But who will come on when he gets carried off just before half time?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »

We were expelled from the CSC in 1990 (I think) because Ricky Greenhough & Martin Lewis were not signed  more than seven days before the original date of the first leg of the semi-final against Hyde United which we won 2-1.They were signed more than seven days prior to when the game was actually played, but we were penalised as this was a rearranged date.The second leg was never played & I think that this may have been a unique event in our history.

As far as I am aware the rule remains unchanged, therefore Russell Saunders would not be eligible.....even if he was fit.

Regards
Brian

joe

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »

Thanks Brian. Maybe my memory isn't as bad as i thought!

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »

God forbid they would just have the same rules as everyone else!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 csc