PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From the Messenger
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: From the Messenger  (Read 7388 times)

samba

Re: From the Messenger
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 12:53:43 AM »

I think based on the messenger comments everything has got a lot worse than it was, which is a shame, as it was quite bad in the firstplace!  Seriously though, if we start with Clancy left back, Potts and Logan with Little and Senior up front, I think i'm going to be a very happy man on Saturday. Sat is obviously a must win, we all know this, but I honestly think we'll start with a poor formation again and (hopefully) get a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 win.  More likely is a draw.  In either of those situations, I don't think any fan is going to be happy, as it's simply appaling to watch.

I'm definately going to be there and I wouldn't boycott, as Joe says it's an addiction we all have.  I'm just depressed because I know as hopeful as I want to be for Sat, I know i'll get there, see the team sheet and know i'm going to have a horrendous 90 minutes ahead of me, again.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 06:06:44 AM »

Having just read the first page, and people know from my posting I an a GH fan.I am glad that Gh has the confidence that we will be ok,i just wish that there was more interaction between if not GH then someone from the club and the Fans.Its not nice reading that so and so was doing this and so and so did this back.I know its the managers job to run the club and the boards to back him etc.but keep the fans informed and backing you.I dont think people would feel half as bad if they knew what was happening behind the scenes.The meeting between the fans and the club earlier on in the season did help calm fans gitters,why not have one say every 6 weeks or so.
We all know Graham is Alty through and through,but so are the fans.GET BEHIND THE CLUB SATURDAY and get the first of many wins
Harold

louise1925

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 07:56:27 AM »

I know there was a meeting held recently with GH, Geoff and fans, but I think another one is URGENTLY required, preferably on Saturday when most of us will be able to attend.
For the record, no boycott of games PLEASE.

Alex

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 10:09:06 AM »

the club has been here for 104 years long before (most!) of us, and long may it be here long after I'm gone.

LMAO do you still ahve the programme from the first game?

i was quite depressed reading the fourm this past week the comments and the negitivity both from the club and some on this fourm make me wonder why i bother? and then i remember that i do it for the love of the club wether we're in the confrence blue squere whatever or the north west counties, i couldn't care less as long as on a saturday there are 1o men in red and white and one in green running out on to a pitch i will be there to give my suppot to the club.

so let's put the in fighting and calling for the manager's head behind us and let's get behind the team from 5 imnuets before the kick off till the final whistle ! ! ! ! ! !
and not let our heads drop and stop singing just because we're 1 down like tuesday  :(, if out heads go down the players can sense it and when they need that lift to get back into the game it's not there. at woking we out sung the home fans (which wasn't hard) but you would have thought we we're on the golf road it was that loud, so let's show that spirt and get behind the lads and managment from the off.

come on alty ! ! ! ! !

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »

Core 104 years and my father has watched Alty for 73 of them
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From the Messenger