News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking beer

Author Topic: Woking beer  (Read 2795 times)

baldrick

Woking beer
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:03:30 PM »

From the Alty site

Meanwhile Woking FC announce that "Further to the success of the Cardinals' Own Bitter, the Club have now launched their very own lager, Cardinals' Gold. This is an organic lager and made purely from organic produce. No additives or preservatives. The organically grown hops deliver a floral note to the brew and the purity of flavour is protected by meticulous cold filtration. This is a long, powerful brew with a firm body and a luxuriant head. Each 660ml (bigger than a pint) bottle is 5% vol and on sale from the Club bar for £3.00. The lager also comes in a ‘mini cask’ containing 8 pints. These will be ideal for home BBQ parties with each cask coming fitted with tap for easy pouring.

At times like this i am so pleased i moved north

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Woking beer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »

Why, it sounds like a great concept to me and an excellent marketing tool too if they can get the stuff in the local offy's?  ???
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »

Organic floral lager.............Have these people never heard of real ale?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »

The article says they already do a bitter. Real ale is my drink of choice but has a short shelf life, not practical for a venture such as this.

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »

I never believed the stories about northern beer until i moved north. Now i find southern beer almost undrinkable. I will be on snakebite at Woking.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:44:44 PM »

Well I moved in the opposite direction, South! As an ale drinker though I find the choice in the SE is impressive. There is a lot of poorly kept beer around which can taint the visitors impression but lots of decent stuff too. Woking not the best place for pubs though it must be said.

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »

I began life in Bermondsey and moved to Catford then on to Westhoughton. I had become disillusioned with the way things were changing. There are a few things i don't like up here, for example people can't drive, public transport is non existant and postmen seem to deliver twice a week. But generally i prefer it here.

moousee

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »

i think we might need a few pints of this after saturday!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 04:29:18 PM »

Well Baldrick Bermondsey and Catford are possibly not the most salubrious parts of the South East so I understand your point. Its a lot nicer over here in SW London!

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

I began life in Bermondsey and moved to Catford then on to Westhoughton. I had become disillusioned with the way things were changing. There are a few things i don't like up here, for example people can't drive, public transport is non existant and postmen seem to deliver twice a week. But generally i prefer it here.

Based on my experience of the South East so far most people here can't drive either. Then again, most of them didn't take their driving test in this country either so that's not entirely surprising.  ;D

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 11:01:36 PM »

westhoughton couple of great beer pubs incluing the theakstons one one the right on yer way in hindley

the south.... some goodbeer pubs  fullers etc but inmy opinion its full of T**ts

westhoughton and hindley pisses on all of the south of england

but bring on cider it's the future

sooory night off and the katy took over

by the way whalley good logan ggod relegtion not
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking beer