PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote rhetoric
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: heathcote rhetoric  (Read 6277 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: heathcote rhetoric
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 01:36:32 AM »

We could pretend we are a conference club and we can pretend that we should aim for mid table but realistically we are a conference north team and we are in a league too high...that however doesnt mean we should give up and be relegated we should fight and work towards getting stronger and stronger until we can establish ourselves, but for now we have to accept we are higher than the club ought to be, we did unblelievaly well over the last few seasons and we should enjoy our time up here and get behind the lads!!!

Bollacks. We are in this league by merit (and a couple lucky decisions). we have a better side than last season, we will play better and start winning soon. we are not a conf north side (points to the signings made due to us being in this league). Yes there are bigger clubs out there, and yes there are smaller clubs out there. This is our third consectutive season in the conf national premier, our expectations should have risen season on season. we need to move forward as a team (fans included).

markecky

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »

We could pretend we are a conference club and we can pretend that we should aim for mid table but realistically we are a conference north team and we are in a league too high...that however doesnt mean we should give up and be relegated we should fight and work towards getting stronger and stronger until we can establish ourselves, but for now we have to accept we are higher than the club ought to be, we did unblelievaly well over the last few seasons and we should enjoy our time up here and get behind the lads!!!

Might just be me but where is the link to the fact that the we are apparently a Conference North club in a league too high and playing odd formations?

vvl

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 10:57:04 AM »

There was a fan's forum a few weeks back.
Where were all you moaners on that night where you had the chance to voice your opinion in front of the people who make the decisions?

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »

So this thread was started about negativity against Oxford but recognising we were unlucky.

How the hell can you say it was negative?

4-5-1 is not necessarily negative - it is a fluid formation.

In my opinion GH got the tactics and team right on Saturday and substitutes were at the right time and we nearly won the game 2-1 if we didnt have two people going for the same ball.

Logan is not fully fit so he is best to come on later in the game at the moment, Clancy well not quite sure but perhaps he is also not fully fit yet.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:04:14 PM by Jenga »

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 07:56:55 PM »

In my opinion GH got the tactics and team right on Saturday

This is absolute bollocks. I am a big fan of heathcote and think that he is the best thing for alty at the moment. However on saturday he started lawton wide right which he cant play (but i would praise him for trying.) started whalley and sedge together which is too attacking and not defensive at all. One of those two with Lawton in the middle is the right way to go about things with Val injured. Peyton on the left is a good call.Azza at left back. I could understand it when we didnt have a left back but now we do surely it would be better to start him. I honmselty think GH thinks he has to be loyal to azza because he has been such a great servant to the club, but he just isnt good enough at left back and he wont get a look in at right back. I would start O'neill and Senior up front and i think Little is another one that GH feels loyal to. I dont think we should get rid of little i just dont think that he should be the first name on the team sheet (which i'm pretty sure he would be). I would start Pottsy on the right. We are much better attacking than defending so why on earth dont we play to our strengths?

The argument about logan cramping up. Surely if this is a constant threat then we should start him and let him terrorise opponents from the off and see how far along he gets. This is surely better than bringing him on as a sub and having the possibility of him cramping up straight away and making us use another substitute to replace a sub.

Disagree about the 'we are a conference north club' thing as well. We are not. Our summer signings and the way the squad is now totally proves my point.

End of rant.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 08:04:34 PM »

agree with most of that  :)

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 09:08:34 AM »

This is absolute bollocks. I am a big fan of heathcote and think that he is the best thing for alty at the moment. However on saturday he started lawton wide right which he cant play (but i would praise him for trying.) started whalley and sedge together which is too attacking and not defensive at all. One of those two with Lawton in the middle is the right way to go about things with Val injured. Peyton on the left is a good call.Azza at left back. I could understand it when we didnt have a left back but now we do surely it would be better to start him. I honmselty think GH thinks he has to be loyal to azza because he has been such a great servant to the club, but he just isnt good enough at left back and he wont get a look in at right back. I would start O'neill and Senior up front and i think Little is another one that GH feels loyal to. I dont think we should get rid of little i just dont think that he should be the first name on the team sheet (which i'm pretty sure he would be). I would start Pottsy on the right. We are much better attacking than defending so why on earth dont we play to our strengths?

The argument about logan cramping up. Surely if this is a constant threat then we should start him and let him terrorise opponents from the off and see how far along he gets. This is surely better than bringing him on as a sub and having the possibility of him cramping up straight away and making us use another substitute to replace a sub.

Disagree about the 'we are a conference north club' thing as well. We are not. Our summer signings and the way the squad is now totally proves my point.

End of rant.

All about opinions but I think this is a load of bollocks also.

Firstly he played lawton pretty much coving sedge and walley in the first half to stop Oxford running through us. Perhaps you didnt notice we had no width in the first half?

Secondly I have already mentioned Clancy might not be fit and I agree aza is a waste of space but if Clancy is not fit then what does he do?

Thirdly if GH was trying to keep the middle tight how can he play logan out wide.

Senior up front from the start, the jury is out on this one. he is not strong enough to challenge fit defenders from the start, but later in the game he is fast enough to terrorise them.

Cramp, well did you see Logan having to be substituted and us wasting a sub?

Sorry but perhaps we are on seperate wavelengths but I still feel GH got it right and brought subs on early in Potts and Logan when the game got more stretched where they we able to have a real impact and lets face it if we had gone 2-1 up perhaps you might agree with me more.

It is all about opinions as we all keep saying but people need to think of tactics for 90 mins not just the starting 11.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 10:13:44 AM »

End of rant.

All about opinions but I think this is a load of bollocks also.

Firstly he played lawton pretty much coving sedge and walley in the first half to stop Oxford running through us. Perhaps you didnt notice we had no width in the first half?

Secondly I have already mentioned Clancy might not be fit and I agree aza is a waste of space but if Clancy is not fit then what does he do?

Thirdly if GH was trying to keep the middle tight how can he play logan out wide.

Senior up front from the start, the jury is out on this one. he is not strong enough to challenge fit defenders from the start, but later in the game he is fast enough to terrorise them.

Cramp, well did you see Logan having to be substituted and us wasting a sub?

Sorry but perhaps we are on seperate wavelengths but I still feel GH got it right and brought subs on early in Potts and Logan when the game got more stretched where they we able to have a real impact and lets face it if we had gone 2-1 up perhaps you might agree with me more.

It is all about opinions as we all keep saying but people need to think of tactics for 90 mins not just the starting 11.

Load of sh*t!
Every team (except Exeter for last 30min) that has come to Mosslane this year have looked poor and certainty worse than last season however I believe our squad  is better than last years and looks at its best when attacking. Its not people expectations thats the problem its people frustration at our tactics at home. We should be starting with our most threatening players and trying to get ahead at home and then after 60/70 mins bring on the more defensive players to stagnate the game, I would love to see Logan and Potts on the wings delivering killer balls like they have done everytime they have come on the pitch this season to LITTLE and SENIOR upfront. We haven’t got enough steam to try and win games near the end so why not try from the start !

Just to add i am a huge fan of Heathcote and thinks he has got it spot on away from home, but at home we should fear no foe.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:17:19 AM by altrincham »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »

Graham says we need a bit of lady luck (apart from our goal v Aldershot presumably), all I will say is that fortune favours the brave. If you only attack for 30 mins a game you are less likely to get luck, ricochet in the box for an og etc  than if you attacked for an hour. A few games this season have reminded me of Kiddy at home last year when we said another 5 mins and we'd have equalised, well if we'd started applying pressure before the 65th min, who knows? That is all.

rascal

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 07:42:13 PM »

we have tried the same game plan in all 8 games,and it doesnt work.......somebody needs to smell the coffee.it didnt even work at stafford ,where we should have won.4.5.1 does not play to our strenghths.the first time we play an expansionist game,go on the offensive and impose ourselves ,we will win.its just a mindset.this is obvious to most people,and i am in desperate need of an afternoon of entertainment, not negativity
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote rhetoric