PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 felt sorry for there keeper
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: felt sorry for there keeper  (Read 12724 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: felt sorry for there keeper
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 08:18:44 AM »

Yes, I was amazed at Smiths comments actually. It just put undue pressure on him,  like Ecky said, normally a manager would go 'well I'll have to put the young lad in, hes inexperienced but hes perfectly capable'

I mean, we didn't know he was sh*t on crosses, we'd barely have given him that much stick normally. There was a huge collective roar every time we had a corner. And to be honest, I'm not sure the players would have known either. We hardly put any crosses in as it was, God knows how few we'd have put in if Smith said he'd been good! What it did for his defenders as well I'm not sure.

I actually didn't think he was the worst keeper I'd ever seen, a bot shaky but you bloody would be wouldn't you. Prob wouldn't have noticed if this hadn't all been mentioned. Smith just being a wanker imo.

mrsband

Re: felt sorry for their keeper
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »

I too saw the lad sat looking really upset after the game, if it was that Smith had just told him he was releasing him, then thats out of order.
Dont think any of the Oxford side earned their money really yesterday, definitely not promotion contenders.

Perhaps Connett should get some balls over at Vics, and tell his keeper he's crap and is being released too!  ;)

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 felt sorry for there keeper