News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great performance today

Author Topic: Great performance today  (Read 3406 times)

baldrick

Great performance today
« on: September 08, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »

The first half Alty dominated the game. Oxford were very lucky to get a 3-1 win. The result is misleading. If the players don't let it ruin their confidence the future looks promising. Tinson is improving with every game. Bring on Woking.

dopamine

Re: Great performance today
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 05:54:20 PM »

Yeah but according to my mate who was sat behind the dugout, Asa started shouting at Graham that it's the "same f***ing story".  I just hope it  was in the heat of the moment and  that the players still have confidence in him.

Alty Aylmer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:05:06 PM »

Potts has to start!! Senior and Little up front. We were so much better when Potts came on. Lawton does not give us width and is better down the middle anyway.
And we concede so many goals from a cross and unmarked header on the back post!! We CAN beat these teams, they are not miles ahead of us in terms of skill. I am utterly frustrated at how we lose games because we are better than that.

dopamine

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »

Also you could tell who the full time team were in the second half.  I'm not saying we played badly in it, it's just that we couldn't keep up the pressing game played in the first half and let them pass it around.  But Logan looked class and if we could put more of a physical challenge upfront on his crosses we might have got somewhere.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »

Yeah but according to my mate who was sat behind the dugout, Asa started shouting at Graham that it's the "same f***ing story".  I just hope it  was in the heat of the moment and  that the players still have confidence in him.

May have been down to the defence's thinking that oxford's 2nd was offside. certainly the defence werent happy with the lino (with azza giving him a lot of stick both at the time and after the match).

Still agree, we shouldnt be playing containment football at home. oxford only need one real good chance to score. I dont know why potts hasnt started any games yet, but he certainly should be one of the first names on the sheet.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 10:40:26 PM »

agree with the previos post here, same old story, the refs always a w***er

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:38:21 PM »

STOP NOW. the ref today was good. He let it flow was very fair and if we ere to get him every week i'd be very happy at the standard of reffing in this league.

Refs are not always sh*t . lets not get into a cycle of sayng tht

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:28:31 AM »

According to radio OXFORD the ref missed their playing helping the ball down with his hand before he scored their 3rd goal.Not that it would have made any difference to the result.
Harold

thegazelle

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »

was right in front of me and i reckon it was a tough call for the ref but gut feelings from me is he got it right

Butty

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »

STOP NOW. the ref today was good. He let it flow was very fair and if we ere to get him every week i'd be very happy at the standard of reffing in this league.

Refs are not always sh*t . lets not get into a cycle of sayng tht

fair enuff he did miss an alty penalty though when munroe was dragged/tripped in the box and that could have made all the difference although that statement is becomingly increasingly common.

i should have known better and was just mad at referees in general after we had 1 hell of a tosspot reffin mi rugby match before that.

apologies again

altyf

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »

I thought the ref had a very good game and like someone said, if that was the standard of refereeing we got week in week out id be very happy

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 01:38:16 PM »

was right in front of me and i reckon it was a tough call for the ref but gut feelings from me is he got it right

And there's no man better qualified as regards "gut feelings"....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »

The ref was definately one of the better ones pretty much full marks to him.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great performance today