PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City v Altrincham on YouTube
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: York City v Altrincham on YouTube  (Read 8145 times)

Jezza

Re: York City v Altrincham on YouTube
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 10:07:35 AM »

Senior is offside but hardly interfering with play as the ball is hoofed 30 yards in front of him.

Senior then returns to an onside position.

The ref has made two gaffes here;
1) It's either a free kick to Alty for handball (looks like the keeper handled outside the box) or a goal.
2) Really as a team defending and playing the offside trap I'm sure York would have preferred a free kick for offside just inside their half rather than one on the edge of their box?

Another ref trying to be clever....it's very nice he apologised afterwards but not much use....a bit like a drunk driver apologising for killing your relative in a road crash.

I liked his pompous trot across to the Alty players celebrating the goal and if I was the assessor I'd warn him about trying to play steward between celebrating fans and players especially after being such a dick.

Yep ATS is quiet on this but will no doubt explain how refs are really rather super and we can't play the game without their interference.

samba

Re: York City v Altrincham on YouTube
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »

Another ref trying to be clever....it's very nice he apologised afterwards but not much use....a bit like a drunk driver apologising for killing your relative in a road crash.

A bit extreme, but I see what you mean!

Either way it was a calamity of errors, particularly on their keepers side, and they should have been punished for that.  It's the age old question of when are referees going to be held accountable for their actions? A cock up like that could result in us getting relegated at the end of the season. 

Just emailed the video to my friend, who's a Stoke fan:

"Your defence is absolutley shocking! How york weren’t at least three up I don’t know! I like the bloke who has the ball, under no pressure, and just stands there until the york player comes and takes it off him :D"
"York’s equaliser – I believe the phrase is ‘comedy of errors’ "

Interesting to see from a neutral perspective.  I think on the night the defence played well overall, but wiith a couple of cock ups.  Unfortunately as we're discovering in this league, it only takes one or two mistakes to be punished.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City v Altrincham on YouTube