News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 better performance

Author Topic: better performance  (Read 1548 times)

dino

better performance
« on: September 01, 2007, 07:42:38 PM »

today was a big improvement on the previous two games,but i have to concede that we were woeful in the penalty area,with no belief.Senior had a super game,and there was some quality service into the danger area,but until we attempt to recruit another striker,we simply will not score enough goals to accrue 55 points.there was no lack of effort from most of the players,but the fact remains we have now gone 14 conference games without a win,and accumulated just 3 points!

Baggers

Re: better performance
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »

Have to agree. Great to see us get so many balls into the box today but with no one to convert the crosses, we never looked like scoring a second goal. At the risk of stating the obvious, the other problem was the way the defence was stretched by having to cover for Aspinal. To be fair, it's brave of him to play at left back. I thought it was quite amusing when he tried to cross the ball with the outside of his right foot rather than using his left. Anyway, much better performance today. Logan looks like someone who could make things happen. Hope his injury isn't serious. I'm sure if we keep getting crosses into the box eventually the ball will hit someone and go into the net. Failing that, we could always try to tempt Furlong away from Northwich.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:12:41 PM »

. I thought it was quite amusing when he tried to cross the ball with the outside of his right foot rather than using his left.

I remember Danny Murphy doing that for us against Darlington. Could not control the trajectory and the ball flew over everyones heads when we were trying to equalise late on

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 10:09:53 PM »

today was a big improvement on the previous two games,but i have to concede that we were woeful in the penalty area,with no belief.Senior had a super game,and there was some quality service into the danger area,but until we attempt to recruit another striker,we simply will not score enough goals to accrue 55 points.there was no lack of effort from most of the players,but the fact remains we have now gone 14 conference games without a win,and accumulated just 3 points!

It's only 10 Conference games without a win, actually!

St Albans City away was our last victory in a league match.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 better performance