PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leadership
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: leadership  (Read 7718 times)

Altysmiffy

Re: leadership
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 09:39:17 AM »

IS ABUSE TOWARDS THE FANS REALLY HELPING?

VofD, you still haven't answered the question:

Did you attend the meeting last Monday night in order to air your views? I suspect you didn't and I further suspect you just like to hurl abuse from afar. Graham put himself up to be asked anything you wanted to know last week and you (presumably) didn't take him up on that offer. Do you not think it would have been constructive to do so rather than just publicly slagging him off on this forum? I seriously would like to know your response to this.

As usual with VofD he will remain silent and anonymous. There will always be somebody who knows better and who runs against the grain. VofD will claim to know things we don't, and have his reasons beyond the pitch-side antics of Heathcote, but the truth is he just enjoys being VofD.

Not sure if VofD realises that his boring one-liners reduse him lower than the people they're aimed at, much lower!

I think VofD has Forum Turettes: he remains silent for ages then shouts out a load of nonsensicle bilious invective before shutting up for ages again

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »

You can always rely on VofD for lively debate.

In faiorness he does also speak up when things are going well and congratulates the' little twerp of a manager'.

I've never seen Flynny get animated at a home match or shout obscenities.....a penalty not given, an Alty goal disallowed, a flying rugby tackle on an Alty player goes unpunished and Brian reacts by calmly making notes in his media notebook....he's a bit like Sven.

Mind you away from home I've seen some outrageous behaviour.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 12:07:52 PM »

I think VofD has Forum Turettes: he remains silent for ages then shouts out a load of nonsensicle bilious invective before shutting up for ages again

Whether you agree or disagree with VofD's opinions, at least they are from someone who pays to attend Alty games and, therefore in my view, at least carry far more weight than the postings of someone who doesn't.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »

Bit unfair that Cult...I'm not attending matches at the moment.

Am I not allowed a say because of my temporary exile?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »

Bit unfair that Cult...I'm not attending matches at the moment.

Am I not allowed a say because of my temporary exile?

Jezza,

It was not directed at you.

It was for the attention of Altysmiffy in Scotland, who seems to be an expert on players he hardly ever sees.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »

Whether you agree or disagree with VofD's opinions, at least they are from someone who pays to attend Alty games and, therefore in my view, at least carry far more weight than the postings of someone who doesn't.

It doesn't occur to you that some people would like to go to every match but live hundreds of miles away without the money to get to matches, often working and without the money as is saving everything for when he has a wee baby to care for.

As much as I love Alty FC and spread the good word where I live, I still have to prioritise what I can & cannot do.

When I did live locally I was a  season ticket holder and I try to say positive and constructive things from the things I see on hear & other sites & reports. I do not slag off players or managers I - as you say - am unable to see first hand.

So get real, idiot.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:18:16 PM by Altysmiffy »

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

I assumed the comment was aimed elsewhere, please don't think I was gett8ng all touchy.

However as I am also exiled, i decided to speak up and campaign for the rights of fellow stay away followers to have their say on things we haven';t seen and offer our opinions on things we have no real knowledge of.

Once I am back at Moss lane however my opinion will be over-ride the stay aways.

We are all Alty fans..lets just love each other....lot of name calling going on which is unbacceptable.

Heathcote in.

teasybeaver

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 12:48:39 PM »

Out of order! some people have to move away from Altrincham beyond the reach of moss lane. I have a baby on the way, I have a career to think of for that baby's future. I suspect altysmiffy is the same. Not sure any of this relates to the players who we have or haven't seen in an alty shirt. Our opinions should be valued for wha they are.

There's people on this forum who seem to think its either a competition of who knows more about non-league football or who is the best Alty supporter. People need to keep their ego's down. A lot of sh*te gets said on this forum by people who enjoy being anonymous because they wouldn't say it at a game.

VofD is a pleb because his opinions are out of touch with reality. In all fairness to him at least he doesnt come on here trying to create some hierarchy of Alty fans who are more or less important to the fanbase.

If someone is an Alty fan in exile you should be proud they carry the clubs name. I had 200 Nice fans chanting Altrincham against Toulouse on Saturday. I may not have seen Tinson in an Alty shirt yet but I think my opinions on this club count for more than you give credit for.

In short: f**k off!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 12:56:14 PM »

Goodwin for Teasy.

& all the very best for the family

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »

Before you jump down my throat, and as you can see I'm not at the Stafford match, surely the opinions of those that *have* attended the matches do carry more weight when discussing how we've been playing. It's easy to be positive etc when you haven't witnessed the disgraceful performance against Grays or the defending debacle against Exeter. 

I do however salute you all for spreading the name of Alty the length and breadth of the country :)

teasybeaver

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »

Before you jump down my throat, and as you can see I'm not at the Stafford match, surely the opinions of those that *have* attended the matches do carry more weight when discussing how we've been playing. It's easy to be positive etc when you haven't witnessed the disgraceful performance against Grays or the defending debacle against Exeter. 

I do however salute you all for spreading the name of Alty the length and breadth of the country :)

Its more to do with Cults attitude of 'paying' fans, as if the exiles aren't worthy of having an opinion because we don't pay to go and see the team each week.

I appreciate that a match-goer has a more valid opinion, but i'm not into the whole attitude carried by certain regulars on the forum. I support Altrincham because its me, part of me. Not because it makes me some kind of superfan, I don't care who goes and doesn't each week, its none of my business.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »

CB,

Thank you for encapsulating the point that I was trying to make.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »

Its more to do with Cults attitude of 'paying' fans, as if the exiles aren't worthy of having an opinion because we don't pay to go and see the team each week.
[/quote]

I never said that you weren't entitled to an opinion.
All I stated was that someone who is actually attending matches must surely have a more valid opinion than someone who isn't when it comes to discussing the merits of certain players or team formations.

You seem to have overreacted somewhat.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 08:02:01 AM »

I knew what you meant Cult, but you didn't express it very well to be fair.

teasybeaver

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »

Cult, I accept that my comments were a little harsh in light of my current mood towards the forum. For this I apologise.

You are correct as I previously mentioned about people being at the game having better judgement. However, its difficult enough for exiled fans, I stand by my other comments regarding certain attitudes on the forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leadership