PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leadership
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: leadership  (Read 7719 times)

dino

leadership
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »

what is most concerning about our current predicament in my opinion is the abscence of leadership from the management when things are obviously not working out.Instead of a few tweeks or fine tuning to the system we are exposed to a tirade of foul mouth abuse against certain players, the officials or any supporter who dares to question anything.leadership in todays game is surely more subtle than this?We all need to pull together monday,and hopefully with a little more nous from the bench we will get a result.
As regards expectations at the club,most of us are sensible enough to realise that merely avoiding the drop will be a big achievement but sometimes we should raise the ante.Think what you might about our neighbour from Droylesdon,but at least he talks a good game even though he probably doesnt believe it.Went to Hyde/Tamworth last week........we dont want to go back there if we can help it!

VofD

Re: leadership
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »

" a tirade of foul mouth abuse"....
What do you expect when you have a foul mouthed, arrogant "I know best", little twerp for a manager ????

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:52:50 PM »

Is personal abuse towards the manager really helping?

VofD

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »

IS ABUSE TOWARDS THE FANS REALLY HELPING?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »

No, but don't you find it just a little hypocritical to then abuse the manager.

If you must criticise - and results show there is room for criticism - have the decency to at least make it even  a little constructive.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »

Dino you have made 2 posts on here and it seems you are a little vocal in your opinions.

which hole may i ask have you crawled out of?

Which ever it is crawl back in to it.

altyf

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 09:14:18 PM »

to be honest i see nothing wrong with dinos comments what so ever it is "VofD" that seems to be coming up with good-for nothing bullsh*t...like you say, if your gonna criticise make it constructive!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 09:18:37 PM »

" a tirade of foul mouth abuse"....
What do you expect when you have a foul mouthed, arrogant "I know best", little twerp for a manager ????
What about the abuse coming from the stand aimed at the officials? Isn't that where you sit and you also had your chance to speak and air your views at this
Everyone is welcome at a Fans' Forum at Altrincham FC (Noel White Suite) to be held on Monday 20th August at 7.30pm. Graham Heathcote and chairman Geoff Goodwin will be amongst the club officials in attendance

Were you there? We lost get over it its another day tomorrow all this doom and gloom cannot be doing to team any good.
@AltyDaz

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »

to be honest i see nothing wrong with dinos comments what so ever it is "VofD" that seems to be coming up with good-for nothing bullsh*t...like you say, if your gonna criticise make it constructive!

Fair point i did read it fast whilst doing something else.

altyf

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »

We lost get over it its another day tomorrow all this doom and gloom cannot be doing to team any good.

EXACTLY!!!!
so people like VofD can just f*ck right off....
I SAY WE JUST SING SO F*UCKIN LOUD WITH SO MUCH PASSION THE ALTY PLAYERS GET TERRIFIED OF WHAT WE MIGHT DO TO THEM IF WE LOSE AND SO GIVE THE BEST PERFORMANCE AND WIN 5-0!!!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 09:35:56 PM »

What about the abuse coming from the stand aimed at the officials?

I think you will find that was originating from Brian Flynn....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »

What about the abuse coming from the stand aimed at the officials?

I think you will find that was originating from Brian Flynn....!
No he couldn't put two f's together
@AltyDaz

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 12:06:45 AM »

VofD, you still haven't answered the question:

Did you attend the meeting last Monday night in order to air your views? I suspect you didn't and I further suspect you just like to hurl abuse from afar. Graham put himself up to be asked anything you wanted to know last week and you (presumably) didn't take him up on that offer. Do you not think it would have been constructive to do so rather than just publicly slagging him off on this forum? I seriously would like to know your response to this.

teasybeaver

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 07:50:25 AM »

VofD, you still haven't answered the question:

Did you attend the meeting last Monday night in order to air your views? I suspect you didn't and I further suspect you just like to hurl abuse from afar. Graham put himself up to be asked anything you wanted to know last week and you (presumably) didn't take him up on that offer. Do you not think it would have been constructive to do so rather than just publicly slagging him off on this forum? I seriously would like to know your response to this.

As usual with VofD he will remain silent and anonymous. There will always be somebody who knows better and who runs against the grain. VofD will claim to know things we don't, and have his reasons beyond the pitch-side antics of Heathcote, but the truth is he just enjoys being VofD.

Not sure if VofD realises that his boring one-liners reduse him lower than the people they're aimed at, much lower!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:36:53 AM »

If people like you are hurling abuse at the manager, yes.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leadership