PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 spineless performance
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: spineless performance  (Read 7336 times)

RocketDan

Re: spineless performance
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »

Thornley has done some great things for Alty but, alas, he just isn't half the player he was and is not the answer at this level.

I certainly don't enjoy writing that...but we simply cannot afford to allow sentiment to affect judgments if we are to have any realistic chance of avoiding relegation this season.

Rod Thornley needs a run of games in the team, both to achieve fitness and to get use to playing with the new signings.
I'd Give him a chance from the start, he has no hope of scoring if all he gets is  20 minutes  at the end of games, when his team mates are all nackered and can't support him.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 10:35:02 AM »

Dan, I just think that Acton deserves to stay in, if Stu has other commitments he needs to expect to be dropped!

I agree we created few chances. lets hope tomorrow is different!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »

Dan, I just think that Acton deserves to stay in, if Stu has other commitments he needs to expect to be dropped!

I agree we created few chances. lets hope tomorrow is different!

Dave I'd forgot your a big Acton fan  ;D ;D

I think tomorrow wont be any different, we still wont create many (any!) chances, but then again will Stafford? Will I want to top myself after 20 mins?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »

I hope not! My family will be horrified when we make the trip tomorrow!!

A very tight game could be instore?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »

A very tight game could be instore?

Just a bad one I think!

altyf

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »

The thing that frustrated me yesterday, is that Grays were less than half as good as I expected and in my opinion, we would have won that game yesterday if it was last season, we need to get back to that passsionate and battling part time team we were, I feel we're trying to be something we're not at the moment. On the issue of Coburn vs Acton, Coburn will always be englands number 1  and would want to see him play whenever hes available not only because hes an immense keeper but for what hes done for the club!!!! However Acton has always been a brilliant keeper in my eyes and he proved that when he got a run in the side last season and was unfortunate to be dropped when Coburn returned...I believe Acton to be a top class substitute keeper and hope to keep onto him for many years to come!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »

yeatersay was very poor we seem unable to string 3 passes together,every time we had an attack building up lawton decides to belt it into the box rather than spread it therefore losing the ball,Little was useless,and stupid for getting himself sent off.The problem is we are toothless up front,we have nothing.Also has gh got something against Senior.i was very surprised when he brought potts on who didnt do anything once on the pitch ,Senior is one of the only players we have with pace and skill he creates things which is what we needed yesterday,we need to sort this out.Stafford is going to be a must win or at least must draw game or we may be in some real trouble.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 11:13:48 AM »

Rod Thornley needs a run of games in the team, both to achieve fitness and to get use to playing with the new signings.
I'd Give him a chance from the start, he has no hope of scoring if all he gets is  20 minutes  at the end of games, when his team mates are all nackered and can't support him.

20 minutes? That's a tad generous. You should know GH only brings on his subs with 10 mins to go  ???  ;)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »

I cant understand why our most creative players weren’t playing yesterday? I would bet my house that if Rod, Senior and Potts had started the game we would have won.  :(

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 01:46:19 PM »

I cant understand why our most creative players weren’t playing yesterday? I would bet my house that if Rod, Senior and Potts had started the game we would have won.  :(

That is one brave man to bet his house on Alty - give him a goodwin,

Alty Aylmer

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »

Everytime there is a set play I am worried. The goal from Grays was so basic a defensive error by not picking up the man at the back post! You are taught that when you are a kid. I thought Little's sending off was harsh, a booking for both players would have sufficed but it seemed that if we go a goal down, the team just gives up! No chasing down, no pressure on their back four, saw it at Forrest, saw it yesterday. GH to motivate them or the players themselves? Thats the problem.

altyf

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »

Little deserved a sending off, you cant kick out at someone, not only that but it was a tackle from behind and there was intent...however, their defender clearly blocked little off and a free kick should have already been awarded before little had a chance to kick out, not only this but the push was a bookable offence

Toes appreciation society

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »

i hear the physio had nice toes though!!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »

PMSL that has cheered me up a bloody treat; thanks TAS (toes apprieciant society) whoever you are .... keep the faith
Come on you red and white........

RocketDan

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

I heard he ate a baby.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 spineless performance