PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays matchday thread starts here
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Todays matchday thread starts here  (Read 11697 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Todays matchday thread starts here
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2007, 12:10:32 AM »

My first game of the season on Saturday and I thought we looked better than last year apart from up front. 

Tinson is immense when dealing with long balls pumped up the middle they didn't get anything passed him, all goals came from them getting behind us / crosses where we looked much more iffy. 

Whalley improved as the game went on and looks a class act. 

I'm usually a big fan of Joe but he didn't seem with it at all yesterday, admittedly he was out of position but he didn't seem to want to get forward, he stuck to the simple ball back to Warren and then just stood there 5 yards in front of him rather than breaking forward.  It helped hold on to possession better than I have seen us do before but we didn't create anything with it. 

Senior ran around a lot as usual chasing everything and their giant centre half (may only have been 5'10 but lokked big!) kept feeling the need to lean on him to win headers giving us a number of freekicks but personally I'd have put him on the wing and Joe up front.

Overall a reasonable performance apart from first 5 mins of each half and much better at holding on to the ball which will help with preventing tiredness later in games but we need something more threatening up front.

There now follows a ref rant, feel free to ignore obviously but I will feel better for getting it out of my system  >:(- he was truely very poor.

The comment on FGR forum that the stand side liner was even worse than the ref was spot on.  From sitting just behind him we could see Little have the shirt practically pulled of his back in the area but he gave nothing.  The rip in Tinson's shirt referred to in JL's report also occured in the area in full view of the linesman and what the non-offside decision was about that riled Stu and most of the rest of the team at the end of the first half I have no idea, there were clearly three players a mile offside.

The FGR references to Sedgemore'c challenge are a bit harsh, he did lunge in at right abgle to the direction the player was running but his studs were safely out of the way and he actually led with his knee, unlike the challenge on Joe in the first half which really could have been a  straight red - dreadful challenge and the first really bad one of the day, so don't believe the FGR fans about them sinking to our level, they were at least as bad.

Munroe's booking was for intent as much as anything, he actually got the ball solidly before the player but you could tell that he wasn't bothered whether he did or not!  Having said that he was provoked by getting caught very late after playing it back to Stu and the ref did nothing, the forward got up and walked into Karl just to wind him up a bit more, ref said nothing and then second half the same guy clattered Karl from behind after the ball had gone for only a free kick.  Shortly afterwards Rose came on, a sound move as they were clearly targeting Munroe and the ref was missing loads.

Jenga

Re: Todays matchday thread starts here
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »

The FGR references to Sedgemore'c challenge are a bit harsh, he did lunge in at right abgle to the direction the player was running but his studs were safely out of the way and he actually led with his knee, unlike the challenge on Joe in the first half which really could have been a  straight red - dreadful challenge and the first really bad one of the day, so don't believe the FGR fans about them sinking to our level, they were at least as bad.

Somehow by the description you give he was lucky not to be sent off.

Went in at right angles with his knee - mmm ok !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays matchday thread starts here