News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last night

Author Topic: Last night  (Read 1463 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Last night
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »

We looked so much more attacking with Senior playing, for me it was good news when Joe was on the bench. Lets keep someone like senior or Rod up front with Colin. I'm praying for Peyton to be fit soon, can't cope with watching Aspinall leaving his marker all the time and when he does get the ball kicking it as far up the pitch as he can get without any aim.

I hope Graham plays Pottsy for when Lawton is suspended, still think we need some width. Halifax last season were awful and in my opinion apart from Campbell and that winger who was substituted, they still are awful. Good performance last night to come back, after the second I thought our heads would drop but we kept going and I think in the end we had more of the game. Keep it going lads !!!!

radcliffe alty

Re: Last night
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »

can't cope with watching Aspinall leaving his marker all the time and when he does get the ball kicking it as far up the pitch as he can get without any aim.

I'd actually say Azza was my man of the match last night, just ahead of Val. He pulled off some crucial, and excellent tackles during the game out of position. To me Pottsy looked fatter and slower then ever when he came on, and just didn't seem at all interested. Hope he doesn't rest on his laurels now he has a place at the club - we need a fit/sharp Pottsy.

altyf

Re: Last night
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »

Agree, Azza was outstanding last night, as was the whole defense after a shakey opening 20 mins, and azza made one absolutely outstanding tackle late second half...really was a great tackle...man of the match wise I'd have said Munroe or Lane, but Munroe, Lane, Azza, Val and Senior were equally exquisite in my opinion!

Pottsy couldnt be judged last night surely, he was on for 10 minutes at a stage when we were defending and we started to get tired and have to cope with the pressure...not exactly a time to judge a player who'd just gone on the pitch and who's job was to simply hold up the ball and latch onto defensive clearences...it wasnt really a game for pottsy when he came on last night, we needed some one with pace or the ability to hold it up...i guess grahams thoughts were that if we get a chance to break, he could make a killer ball to set of a striker! Whatever the reasoning, I will never doubt the mighty 'cote. I'm sure he'll play on sat with robbie suspended and will impress  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last night