News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In for a Shock or What

Author Topic: In for a Shock or What  (Read 2515 times)

DarrenH

In for a Shock or What
« on: August 08, 2007, 03:29:43 PM »

From BBC Website :-

Stafford Rangers have signed five new players ahead of Saturday's opening Conference match at Farsley Celtic.
Former LA Galaxy midfielder Ramon Singh, 24

Reckon he will love the ground, the atmosphere, the weather etc  after playing in LA !!!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: In for a Shock or What
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »

erm the area is a biut better at least. go to the Galaxy stadium any other time but game day and i'm sure you'd get shot or stabbed or both!

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »

From BBC Website :-

Stafford Rangers have signed five new players ahead of Saturday's opening Conference match at Farsley Celtic.
Former LA Galaxy midfielder Ramon Singh, 24

Reckon he will love the ground, the atmosphere, the weather etc  after playing in LA !!!

From Stafford Website:

"Twenty-four year old midfielder Ramon Singh Manak can list LA Galaxy amongst his previous clubs. Born in Coventry, he attended Malibu High School in California and played in the CIF Division V Championship team as well as club football for So Cal United. Ramon then played collegiate football with Cal Poly San Luis Obispo before joining UCLA in 2004. More recenty he has featured for Midland Combination side Massey Ferguson."

A man on the up if ever there was one!

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:19:09 PM »

More recenty he has featured for Midland Combination side Massey Ferguson."
The truth comes out...it's weird isnt it how they only mention that he played for Galaxy!

penfold

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »

ermmm i wonnder why they only mentioned he played for LA lol

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »

What do people think about Stafford's chances this year? Personally, I think they are going to miss Madjo badly and there was also McNiven who provided a lot of their crucial goals last season. They will be as gritty and tough to beat as ever but over the course of the season, some of those games they ground out and won last year may become draws and the odd defeat in the absence of a proven goalscorer. Overall, I think they will narrowly get relegated.

altyf

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »

Totally agree madjo and mcniven will have massive impact, particularly madjo, and i think they'll be relegation contenders, but way to close to call for me, could narrowly go down, could narrowly stay up...however, despite losing they're strike force, they're pretty difficult to play against and we struggled against their hoof and hope system at moss lane last yeaar and they were really hard to break down...even though i know alty had one of their off days againt stafford last season!

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »

Totally agree madjo and mcniven will have massive impact, particularly madjo, and i think they'll be relegation contenders, but way to close to call for me, could narrowly go down, could narrowly stay up...however, despite losing they're strike force, they're pretty difficult to play against and we struggled against their hoof and hope system at moss lane last yeaar and they were really hard to break down...even though i know alty had one of their off days againt stafford last season!

To be fair to us, i think it was two of our off days ::)

altyf

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:51 PM »

yeh it probably was. but i just brought that one up cus we were further into the season, it was more important, we were at home etc etc...and also, in the away match, bandy missed that unbelievable chance in injury time where as i dont recall any real chance in the home match, little may have hit the bar late on but it was all over by then and tbh we were never going to score in that one.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In for a Shock or What