PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley Town deducted six points?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Crawley Town deducted six points?  (Read 7111 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

teasybeaver

Re: Crawley Town deducted six points?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »

Bit of an insult if you ask me. How they've managed to stretch this out for so long, when so many other clubs have just folded, is now beyond comprehension.

According to the thread, there is still no concrete proof the CVA is completely paid. The transfer embargo still applies despite their influx of players.

There just havin a laugh really!

DarrenH

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »

When is someone going to take firm and decisive action against these people.
And how are they still signing players when they are under a transfer embargo.
Yet again the league is being made into a laughing stock by these con artists.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:58:22 PM »

scoundrels....the end is near for crawley!!!

Alex

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »

From BBC:

"Crawley have been docked six points ahead of the new season after being charged with bringing the Blue Square League into disrepute, reports BBC SCR.
The charge relates to financial irregularities at the club, who have failed to confirm the payment of last season's Company Voluntary arrangement.

Crawley had gone into administration in June 2006 with debts of nearly £1.4m.

The club has also been given a £10,000 suspended fine and a transfer embargo still remains in place.

That will not be lifted until payment of their Company Voluntary arrangement has been confirmed.

Currently the club has only five eligible players - just four days before the new season kicks off. "

so does that mean if they field a starting line up against stevenage that they will be docked more points?

DarrenH

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »

Exactly,
How on earth can they field a team on saturday if they only have five players.
Maybe they will find a way to bend the rules slightly !!!
What happens on Saturday if they do not have enough players to fulfil the fixture ? Do they just lose the points or are more severe penalties available to the league ?

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:15:06 PM »

Hopefully they will respond by chaining the majeeds up outside Conf HQ and let people kick them in the bollocks repeatedly.

Im sure this would make them adhere to the rules in future, any other humaine measure will simply fail!

tiggeralty

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »

I have just read on the Crawley website that they have paid all moneys due in full???????????

penfold

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »

How are Crawley still in the league, they have been in financial trouble for a few seasons now right?

altyf

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 06:23:03 PM »

2 seasons if i am not mistaken, and i predict that this 6 point deduction is the start of the end for them...if theyve got jus 5 eligible players and over paying them all, there going to be FC Crawley before soon playing in the South London League Division 2

PS...penfold, you have a message

penfold

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 07:36:58 PM »

So they should be out ov our league, if it happened to any other team they would have been given the boot!! with no question about it.
So i dont see what makes them any different!

PS I got ya message AltyF

Foz

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 08:17:17 PM »

Exactly,
How on earth can they field a team on saturday if they only have five players.
Maybe they will find a way to bend the rules slightly !!!
What happens on Saturday if they do not have enough players to fulfil the fixture ? Do they just lose the points or are more severe penalties available to the league ?

For all the announcements of these players signed, I believe they haven't actually officially registered them with the FA, they seem to have got them to sign pre contracts. Presumably, they will sign proper contracts when the club have the embargo lifted!

At present, none of those players announced as being signed are eligable to play this saturday... and they won't be unless the CVA is paid off and the conference are satisfied all football creditors have been paid, when the embargo will be lifted.

As a slight aside, I seem to remember in the case of Scarborough last year, the CVA was paid off, but the Conference would not lift the embargo....  think that was due to football creditors? anyone remember the conference's reasoning on that one?

altyf

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 09:35:16 PM »

nope cant remember that one,
however, im glad to see the fa finally clamping down, whether some people see it as soft or not, im just glad to see some action finally and some of these ridiculous loop holes such as allowing pre contracts finally sorted out!!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »

Five eligible players even though all of these announcements of signings. was talking about this the other day and i reckon that it is a transfer embargo and if they havent paid the club (free transfers etc) or if the player is unsigned then they would be allowed to play. However as this says 'eligible' you'd be led to think that the signings have gone through but the elague is putting its foot down (finally) and not letting them play even though they have been signed. Either way...

altyf

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »

However as this says 'eligible' you'd be led to think that the signings have gone through but the elague is putting its foot down (finally) and not letting them play even though they have been signed. Either way...
As "Foz" says, I think the word eligible tells us that they werent allowed to sign players due to their ongoing CVA and financial problems, however crawley found a loophole in the rules ad signed players on pre contracts, which technically didnt breeak any rules, despite being farcical, but now the FA have obviously decided, now its time to prevent teams using loop holes and dodging sanctions etc, so they have said, these players you signed on pre contract are now ineligible: basically due to the fa clamping down and re looking at the situation

IN SUMMARY I THINK THEY WILL HAVE PROBLEMS ON SATURDAY,
 Do you play ineligible players risking further sanctions or what??!?!?!?!?????????!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:25:18 PM by altyf »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley Town deducted six points?