PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spitting incident at Dorking
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Spitting incident at Dorking  (Read 2504 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Spitting incident at Dorking
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 06:25:59 PM »

FAO Sarf London Alty....

Not sure how many Wrexham fans remember the 'Red Balloon' toy shop in Grafton Mall on George Street. Hence my name, you are totally way off beam here sunshine.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion if said in the correct manner, in which I have done so. Posting once in a blue moon or twenty times a day is again irrelevant.

I think what he was saying was that he found it strange that you could find nothing else to comment on across the whole season to date given what great times there have been.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2024, 07:08:24 PM »

Think you can also call into question the behaviour of another fan in this incident who seems to be giving the camera man an earful. Personally think there's a case for a ban for him as well, irrespective of how long he's been supporting the club.

My thoughts exactly!!

Unbelievable clap trap stop embarrassing yourself. Maybe we should ban you for a match because you made a patronising post on this forum to Sarf London Alty?

Let me guess the line of what is allowed is exactly where you want it? Without the passion of some fans this club could be extinct.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 07:24:16 PM »

This was an incredibly dumb move, and I don't want to let my distaste for the guy who runs BoA affect how I feel about this. It was terrible, no question the lad should at the very least miss this chance to see Alty promoted.

I just don't get how this had to be public? Have a word with the club, know they will be able to deal with it in house and be done with it or at least keep it somewhat private. Instead an Alty fan who goes home and away is publicly shamed.

It makes me delighted that he will be back filming NLS games at sports centres again rather than getting to feel big time on the coat tails of a loudmouth with a few bob to waste.

He absolutely deserves to be publicly shamed - it was a disgraceful thing to do - the fact that he didn't think he was being filmed doesn't matter one iota.

Totally agree, if you're going to be at a football match at this level in 2024 then there will be cameras everywhere. Mobile phones, social media, YouTube TNT, you name it. Poor behaviour is always more likely to be shown far and wide these days. It was a dreadful thing to do, our club's reputation has been damaged in public and so the response needs to be public from our club too.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 07:04:46 PM »

Did you attend the game or are you just  looking at a video? I didn’t give the camera man abuse. I was having a back and forth with a supporter in the terrace behind the goal. It’s a football match, people get heated, the whole of the YouTube show is about a man getting cross at a football match and giving officials grief

No I wasn't at the match. The video doesn't seem to support your version, but I'll take your word for it that this was the case. The next question is then, should you not have grown out of shouting abuse at total strangers by now? I've witnessed you do that countless times in the Pop Side.You could never doubt your loyalty but maybe it's time to reflect on some aspect of your behaviour inside a football ground?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 07:07:21 PM by TheGolfRoadView »

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 11:24:53 PM »

FAO Sarf London Alty....

Not sure how many Wrexham fans remember the 'Red Balloon' toy shop in Grafton Mall on George Street.
Not wading into the rest of this but this line has given me some serious nostalgia. Red Balloon! Still got all the Subbuteo I bought there 😁
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 12:54:25 AM »

FAO Sarf London Alty....

Not sure how many Wrexham fans remember the 'Red Balloon' toy shop in Grafton Mall on George Street.
Not wading into the rest of this but this line has given me some serious nostalgia. Red Balloon! Still got all the Subbuteo I bought there 😁

It use to have a train going round above your head when you went in… You should offer your subbuteo mat to Halifax so they can get a game played. 😂

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2024, 05:34:02 AM »

Did you attend the game or are you just  looking at a video? I didn’t give the camera man abuse. I was having a back and forth with a supporter in the terrace behind the goal. It’s a football match, people get heated, the whole of the YouTube show is about a man getting cross at a football match and giving officials grief

No I wasn't at the match. The video doesn't seem to support your version, but I'll take your word for it that this was the case. The next question is then, should you not have grown out of shouting abuse at total strangers by now? I've witnessed you do that countless times in the Pop Side.You could never doubt your loyalty but maybe it's time to reflect on some aspect of your behaviour inside a football ground?

With respect, I’m not here to answer questions, I’m here to correct what you asserted without being there. Uncouth as it may have come across to you. Here’s hoping for league two and no
Changing ends
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 06:00:01 AM by Mrs Warbouys »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2024, 09:40:50 AM »

Looking at both of the "incidents"

Spitting... completely unacceptable he is no doubt beating himself up more than anyone else could so is the public hanging of people in the times of social media.

He hasn't killed anybody but he has done wrong and no doubt the club will issue a punishment accordingly

Getting emotional and shouting at a game .. are you serious? Look if that is the case there would be no players on the field and very few supporters.

If you have played the game at any level you will know  it takes desire and passion and emotion

Same for supporters and if shouting at a game is unacceptable just call it a day now
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 09:43:31 AM by alty.fc »
Come on you red and white........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2024, 10:24:15 AM »

It is just passion nothing more nothing less. I shout and curse when I go to Alty, but I do return to normality after the game is over,. If you want to avoid the shouting and cussing then I suggest going to the Opera.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2024, 11:20:58 AM »

This is the oddest thread in years

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 11:26:57 AM »

It is just passion nothing more nothing less. I shout and curse when I go to Alty, but I do return to normality after the game is over,. If you want to avoid the shouting and cussing then I suggest going to the Opera.

Sorry... are we still discussing the same incident?!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 03:13:23 PM »

You tell me

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2024, 05:04:09 PM »

I sat down with a pencil and paper to list the number of times I'd spat at someone either intentionally, accidentally or in any other circumstances. I do believe in giving people second chances. I've still got a blank piece of paper
Who threw shouting and verbal abuse into the discussion is clouding the issue.
There is no justification in launching phlegm airborne under any circumstances at an intended target. It's cowardly, unhygienic and neanderthal misbehaviour which does not have any place in civilised society. You don't do it accidentally like tripping up.I vote 👎.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:06:19 PM by rorysgrandad »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 08:44:13 PM »

You tell me

Spitting = "just passion, no more no less"?

Are you for real?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 08:49:57 PM »

You’ve got your wires crossed, go back and read it again please.

You tell me

Spitting = "just passion, no more no less"?

Are you for real?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spitting incident at Dorking