PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spitting incident at Dorking
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Spitting incident at Dorking  (Read 2501 times)

Red Balloon

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 07, 2024, 11:02:27 PM »

Lets hope the club take this incident seriously by the alleged Altrincham 'supporter'. Absolutely disgusting behaviour which is now circulating on social media, that was vile.

Those nearby hardly covered themselves in glory either.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Spitting incident at Dorking
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 08:55:03 AM »

100% agreed - this is the sort of thing that gives the lot of us a poor reputation whether we like it or not.

Regardless of what each of us thinks about Dorking and their socials (I think they're completely harmless and obviously a good watch for the majority), this isn't the first incident given they seemed to get a fair bit at our place too.

I hope the club does what is right and hands out quite a lengthy ban - or a permanent one as far as I care.

The vast majority of us would never dream of doing something like that - get rid.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 12:50:12 PM »

What on earth was he thinking, hope he gets a long ban. Think you can also call into question the behaviour of another fan in this incident who seems to be giving the camera man an earful. Personally think there's a case for a ban for him as well, irrespective of how long he's been supporting the club. What on earth had the cameraman done to deserve that. As the earlier post said, there was abuse dished out in the home game. Its the sort of thing that has to be nipped in the bud very quickly by the club, to show that they are on top of issues with fan behaviour, which unfortunately have been increasing as this season has gone on.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 01:11:43 PM »

Did you attend the game or are you just  looking at a video? I didn’t give the camera man abuse. I was having a back and forth with a supporter in the terrace behind the goal. It’s a football match, people get heated, the whole of the YouTube show is about a man getting cross at a football match and giving officials grief

Red Balloon

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 01:25:53 PM »

Think you can also call into question the behaviour of another fan in this incident who seems to be giving the camera man an earful. Personally think there's a case for a ban for him as well, irrespective of how long he's been supporting the club. 

My thoughts exactly!!

ClaphamAlty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 03:18:57 PM »

Spit - long ban.

Shouting - was obviously at the home fans and would not constitute 'verbal abuse'.

Slight tangent, but do we know why there were at least three cameras pointed at the away fans as we were leaving?

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 04:01:25 PM »

It shouting at Dorking is not encouraged. There was a sign at the front of the seating area asking us to be considerate of their neighbours and “keep noise to a minimum”😂

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 04:05:24 PM »

I absolutely can't stand Dorking and would love them to get relegated but spitting is disgusting and I would ban the bloke for life if it was down to me. Not only is it vile behaviour in its own right, it puts the good reputation of the club at risk.

Red Balloon

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2024, 04:14:33 PM »

It is totally irrelevant if you can't stand a certain football club or not. Spitting is a disgusting act and I hope the 'gentleman' in question is fully ashamed of himself.

Mentioned before that it is a football match and people get heated. Well if you can't control your emotions then stay at home and don't give us decent folk a poor reputation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 04:16:46 PM by Red Balloon »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2024, 04:30:33 PM »

This was an incredibly dumb move, and I don't want to let my distaste for the guy who runs BoA affect how I feel about this. It was terrible, no question the lad should at the very least miss this chance to see Alty promoted.

I just don't get how this had to be public? Have a word with the club, know they will be able to deal with it in house and be done with it or at least keep it somewhat private. Instead an Alty fan who goes home and away is publicly shamed.

It makes me delighted that he will be back filming NLS games at sports centres again rather than getting to feel big time on the coat tails of a loudmouth with a few bob to waste.

Red Balloon

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2024, 04:44:03 PM »

In most cases, spitting at a person deliberately will constitute an offence of assault in UK law.

Are you trying to excuse this 'gentleman' because he goes to home and away matches?

Jesus....

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2024, 04:57:23 PM »

Curious Red Balloon you have posted a grand total of once on here before this thread & that over a year ago. Our best league season, with numerous amazing highlights, since 94-95 & none of that has moved you to post once. Then suddenly you start the thread last night & now replying obsessively. You’re a troll & not an Alty fan. Back to Wrexham with you.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2024, 05:10:01 PM »

Curious Red Balloon you have posted a grand total of once on here before this thread & that over a year ago. Our best league season, with numerous amazing highlights, since 94-95 & none of that has moved you to post once. Then suddenly you start the thread last night & now replying obsessively. You’re a troll & not an Alty fan. Back to Wrexham with you.

Yes. I've got to admit that I had suspicions about that too.

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Red Balloon

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2024, 05:40:57 PM »

FAO Sarf London Alty....

Not sure how many Wrexham fans remember the 'Red Balloon' toy shop in Grafton Mall on George Street. Hence my name, you are totally way off beam here sunshine.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion if said in the correct manner, in which I have done so. Posting once in a blue moon or twenty times a day is again irrelevant.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2024, 05:56:44 PM »

This was an incredibly dumb move, and I don't want to let my distaste for the guy who runs BoA affect how I feel about this. It was terrible, no question the lad should at the very least miss this chance to see Alty promoted.

I just don't get how this had to be public? Have a word with the club, know they will be able to deal with it in house and be done with it or at least keep it somewhat private. Instead an Alty fan who goes home and away is publicly shamed.

It makes me delighted that he will be back filming NLS games at sports centres again rather than getting to feel big time on the coat tails of a loudmouth with a few bob to waste.

He absolutely deserves to be publicly shamed - it was a disgraceful thing to do - the fact that he didn't think he was being filmed doesn't matter one iota.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team