PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dorking Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dorking Match Thread  (Read 2286 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dorking Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2024, 05:37:55 PM »

I've got a horrible feeling it's three.
Time to discover whether the lad from York can come up trumps for us. I'm sure he will!
Four points from the last two might see us claim fifth spot which would be a fantastic achievement.
Here's hoping Kidderminster can do us a favour and pip Halifax this evening. 🤞
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2024, 06:14:59 PM »

Poor game.

Wilson will miss 3 games unless we win an appeal.
Full time and proud of it

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2024, 06:20:35 PM »

Not a great game but we navigated it well and a point is a fine result alongside a clean sheet. The only disappointment is George Wilson's moment of madness. We know what Dorking are like and unfortunately he's risen to it and after seeing a clip I'm afraid there's no way it'll get overturned.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2024, 06:23:41 PM »

I've got a horrible feeling it's three.
Time to discover whether the lad from York can come up trumps for us. I'm sure he will!
Four points from the last two might see us claim fifth spot which would be a fantastic achievement.
Here's hoping Kidderminster can do us a favour and pip Halifax this evening. 🤞

Mitch Hancox did look half decent  v Oldham, presumably it will be him who replaces Wilson

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2024, 06:36:09 PM »

Really stupid of George Wilson to take the bait at that stage of the game, and right in front of the referee too. Hopefully this is the last we see of Dorking.

We're absolutely threadbare in midfield again. Can we even get a loan in at this stage?

After the Shots result the Battle for Top 7 is pretty much won - but the battle for Top 5 is totally up in the air.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2024, 07:25:29 PM »

Really stupid of George Wilson to take the bait at that stage of the game, and right in front of the referee too. Hopefully this is the last we see of Dorking.

We're absolutely threadbare in midfield again. Can we even get a loan in at this stage?

After the Shots result the Battle for Top 7 is pretty much won - but the battle for Top 5 is totally up in the air.

I think the deadline to sign players was towards the end of March but im not sure if that includes loans

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2024, 07:34:52 PM »

Bring back Max Haygarth.....

Meanwhile, Kidderminster were abysmal. Antediluvian football that deserves relegation.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 07:38:03 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2024, 08:10:06 PM »

I didn't go to today's game but I am hoping to get to Ebbsfleet next week. So so very pleased that Dorking are toast.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2024, 09:06:51 PM »

The most tedious game I’ve seen for a long time. Every time we got the ball they tackled with their arms first, so many pull backs on and off the ball. As a result we couldn’t build any sort of an attack.  It’s the first time I’ve seen the ref call the guy over for a chat point to lots of parts of the pitch and then not book the guy either then or for any of the next three fouls he commits. He was a disgrace and the only surprise was it took so long for one of ours to bite. (Although Kossy did have a couple of little niggly kicks at him)

5 1/2 hours in the car to watch us win some free kicks.  Very frustrated at that referee performance. A few bookings early doors (including osbourne to be fair) would have stamped out some on the cynical fouls and allowed a game of football to breakout.

StaffsAlty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2024, 09:09:50 PM »

Just got back from the game and have to say the Ref was appalling and let Dorking do exactly as they did at ML - shirt pulling, pushing, late challenges by Dorking on our front line  all going unpunished until the last 10 minutes. How their no 19 & 25 made it through 90 minutes is beyond me. Well done to  Regan & Alex for riding the storm. Just a shame Wilson fell for their antics
Onwards and upwards Alty

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2024, 10:36:00 PM »

Couldn’t make it today but all the reports from those who did suggest I didn’t miss much. Sounds like Dorking were up to their usual tricks, more tactical fouls in their armoury than Fernandinho. Hopefully we won’t be playing them next season. Take the point & move on. Hancox in for last 2, think his experience will be a big help.

Other results largely went our way though & so with our v good GD we will be guaranteed a top 7 spot if Aldershot lose at Gateshead on Tuesday. Though I now rate top 5 as 50/50, we’ll need a big performance down at an in-form Ebbsfleet side next Saturday.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2024, 11:38:59 PM »

Watched the Kiddy game this evening.  I can see why Parky doesn’t want any big lumps in the team. I know they are close Journey wise but their style of play is awful. They also have a few players who are well into their 30s. I didn’t think Halifax were much cop either..

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2024, 04:31:30 PM »

The big haired bastard made the team of the week for Vanarama, proving once and for all van salesmen know f**k all about football.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2024, 04:57:04 PM »

Probably purely because he was a defender in a team that kept a clean sheet and got man of the match (according to the Pa announcement). To be fair the way he managed the ref throughout the game was exceptional

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2024, 09:47:27 AM »

The fact our best 2 goal scoring chances fell to both our centre backs tells a story.

Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dorking Match Thread