PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dorking Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dorking Match Thread  (Read 2287 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dorking Match Thread
« on: April 04, 2024, 02:03:26 PM »

Donawa or Mooney is the only debate.

Dorking 2-4 Alty (Linney x 2, CCC, Newby)

Good luck and safe travels

Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dorking Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 02:30:50 PM »

Any kind of win would be fabulous.
It's not going to be as easy as some people seem to think but we've got to push through awkward games like this.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 03:50:15 PM »

This is going to be one hell of a test on their plastic pitch - they obviously beat us there last season after probably being the poorest team to come to us, and they were much improved this season despite their poor gamesmanship.

They're also now fighting for their lives - a victory would probably bring their two-year spell at this level to an end and a first-ever relegation for them - they'd need 7 points in 3 games to get to 50, with everyone above the relegation zone highly likely to reach that figure.

A point would probably do at this stage, but we've got to do our best to keep this run going if we can.

Same XI for me, withdraw players early if going well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 03:52:39 PM by MarpleAlty »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 04:50:28 PM »

I know Dorking are absolutely desperate for the points, but so were Kiddy last Friday & Boreham Wood a couple of weeks before that. We’ve put the relegation strugglers away at their own grounds recently & if we want top 5 we’ll need to do that again this Saturday. Should be noted too only Kiddy have a worse home record than them this season, & that stand out victory against Chessy aside it’s mainly been a long cycle of defeats with the odd draw for them at their ground since Christmas.

Also think the plastic pitch whilst not ideal we train on one at Egerton most days, so that shouldn’t be a huge factor.

Can’t envisage many changes to the team that started the Oldham game, not a surface to risk starting Justin A on with his recent injury problems but hopefully he might be on the bench. Hopefully Dorking have learnt from their gamesmanship & cynicism at our place & we get a proper game with 22 players on the pitch for the full game. I imagine Linney will have a bit of extra motivation too…

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 05:39:45 PM »

I know Dorking are absolutely desperate for the points, but so were Kiddy last Friday & Boreham Wood a couple of weeks before that. We’ve put the relegation strugglers away at their own grounds recently & if we want top 5 we’ll need to do that again this Saturday. Should be noted too only Kiddy have a worse home record than them this season, & that stand out victory against Chessy aside it’s mainly been a long cycle of defeats with the odd draw for them at their ground since Christmas.

Also think the plastic pitch whilst not ideal we train on one at Egerton most days, so that shouldn’t be a huge factor.

Can’t envisage many changes to the team that started the Oldham game, not a surface to risk starting Justin A on with his recent injury problems but hopefully he might be on the bench. Hopefully Dorking have learnt from their gamesmanship & cynicism at our place & we get a proper game with 22 players on the pitch for the full game. I imagine Linney will have a bit of extra motivation too…

That lad won't fancy making that red card challenge on their own pitch - he'd have no skin left on his leg!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 08:21:36 PM »

Donawa or Mooney is the only debate.

Dorking 2-4 Alty (Linney x 2, CCC, Newby)

Good luck and safe travels

Any news on Amaluzor?,if we make the playoffs, we would need him.

I would stick with Donawa, wasn’t great last game, but better than Mooney at tracking back.

I predict Dorking will come at us from the off.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 09:21:53 PM »

That lad won't fancy making that red card challenge on their own pitch - he'd have no skin left on his leg!
Wasn't it that lad who's gone Gateshead?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 10:29:18 PM »

I believe so.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 08:52:10 AM »

I believe so.

Joe Cook I think his name is. TBF to Marc White in his Friday interview after we played them you could tell he wasn’t overly pleased with his teams conduct against us having reviewed the video. I think Cook’s incredibly rash tackle on Newby (still can’t believe he wasn’t sent off) was a factor in Dorking releasing him.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 09:00:56 AM »

Dorking and Ebsfleet are going to be extremely difficult.
I just hope they don’t come out of the traps like Hartlepool did in the second half and we find ourselves chasing the game. We will get chances against them however so need to be clinical when they arrive. I think Donawa should keep his place. Having watched the OLdham game in full on TV since, he was much better than I gave him credit for on the day. Baines, Cooper and Ross could be the guys who win us the point/s.
Respect goes out to anyone making the trip on Sat.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 09:46:49 AM »

No easy games in this league and I'm sure that the club will be well prepared.

We should be looking for another victory on the road. Plastic pitch won't help but we have enough quality to secure the victory.

I would barring injuries leave the starting 11 as last time out.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 02:15:54 PM »

Kossy for CCC, and Mooney for Donawa.
Come on you Super Robins 👍

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2024, 04:31:17 PM »

Time for a goal scoring sub to come on? (don't mean Dior by the way 😉)

Must have heard me! Dior and Donawa on for Linney and Mooney.
Come on you Robins!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 04:34:50 PM by Saughall Robin »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 05:28:29 PM »

A point is ok .How many games will Wilson be out for ?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2024, 05:36:58 PM »

A point is ok .How many games will Wilson be out for ?
Got to be rest of the season.

Point is fine, Aldershot slipped up, Oldham seem to be out of it.

We're all Kiddy for the next two hours
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dorking Match Thread