PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The run in
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: The run in  (Read 7471 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The run in
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2024, 11:06:49 AM »

I see Gateshead beating Aldershot as critical to us simply because it rubber stamps our participation in the play offs. Our last two matches determine our position in the play off pecking order.

Surely we've got to want to push for a home game? - whether we like it or not, other results elsewhere will play a part in that - starting tomorrow at Solihull.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2024, 11:21:12 AM »

I see Gateshead beating Aldershot as critical to us simply because it rubber stamps our participation in the play offs. Our last two matches determine our position in the play off pecking order.

Surely we've got to want to push for a home game? - whether we like it or not, other results elsewhere will play a part in that - starting tomorrow at Solihull.
I agree, we should be looking for 2 wins from our next two games. Home tie would be fantastic.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2024, 12:41:22 PM »

Like I've said before, I think we're going to need two wins and even then it might not be sufficient to get us up to fifth. I think the likeliest ones to fall back are those with games in hand needing to be played in the next week and a half.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2024, 12:42:01 PM »

I fully concur MA. We aim for two wins to end our campaign. Any help by our competitors slipping up greatly appreciated. COYR. We can get another sell out after the Oxford game. I want another wrist band! 😁

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2024, 01:28:21 PM »

We're just looking at Solihull and Halifax now really in my opinion.

Interestingly, Solihull and Halifax are both stronger away than they are at home - so perhaps not all is lost by slipping back to 6th - but 5th has got to be the goal.

Slipping back to 7th and heading up to Gateshead would be a disaster.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2024, 02:05:43 PM »

We're just looking at Solihull and Halifax now really in my opinion.

Interestingly, Solihull and Halifax are both stronger away than they are at home - so perhaps not all is lost by slipping back to 6th - but 5th has got to be the goal.

Slipping back to 7th and heading up to Gateshead would be a disaster.
The only solice I can muster for ending up with Gateshead away is that they have five games to play by a week on Saturday whilst we have just the two. I'd rather avoid them but they could be exhausted. We did win there this season too but I wouldn't be too bullish about repeating the dose.We all know Alty. Convincing win at Ebbsfleet then Oxford grab a last minute winner at the JDS. Lots of twists and turns to come I'm sure.🤞🤞

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2024, 09:18:20 AM »

The bookies seem fairly certain of our Top 7 status - currently 1/50.

Goal has got to be Top 5 now!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2024, 09:47:02 AM »

I think any kind of result at Ebbs would give us a good shot at 5th.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2024, 10:01:01 AM »

I think any kind of result at Ebbs would give us a good shot at 5th.

I think, sadly, to get to 5th we're going to need all six points available. Even that might not be enough unless there are implosions from those around us with games still to squeeze in (ie Gateshead and Halifax)

PS. Sincerely hope I'm wrong..

Also, whilst fifth would be fabulous, I'd certainly have ripped your hand off for seventh at the start of the season. I actually didn't think we'd reach more than midtable. Just shows you what I know! 😉
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:04:11 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2024, 10:34:28 AM »

Be some turn around if Halifax v Oldham goes ahead tomorrow, it’s as bad there as here weather wise

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2024, 11:07:22 AM »

Be some turn around if Halifax v Oldham goes ahead tomorrow, it’s as bad there as here weather wise
I'm not sure how Halifax are going to complete their home games TBH.
The rugby fixture played there this week in driving rain and large puddles appeared to remove what was left of the top surface. Due to play at the shay tomorrow, Saturday and Tuesday. They've ended up with the headache many thought we'd have back in February. Be interesting how it pans out for them.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2024, 11:44:54 AM »

The picture will become a bit clearer after tonight's Solihull game - if they drop points we just need to match their final two results, and they're going to Bromley on Saturday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2024, 02:16:15 PM »

Gateshead v Aldershot is in doubt this evening. And the river Tyne has just burst its banks

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2024, 02:57:56 PM »

Halifax v Oldham off tomorrow night - currently exploring alternative options, which at this stage has to involve an alternative location for them.

Gatehead game looking very doubtful - the only remaining option they have is next Thursday night, just before the regular season ends...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2024, 07:30:57 PM »

Gateshead v Aldershot - OFF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The run in