PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oldham Match Thread  (Read 2345 times)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Oldham Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 06:44:11 PM »

Great display from the boys today! Special mentions to Ethan and Baines for winning us that match! Some great saves and one of the best clearances/blocks by a defender that I’ve seen… as good as a goal! Dorking will be a dog fight but feel it will be another match like Kiddy with a big win and bringing home the rewards in the end.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2024, 06:53:51 PM »

An unbelievable battling performance.
All did their part. Baines and Ross were something else.
Keep it rolling boys, Saturday will be dirty and tough “, but we can do this.
Buzzing Parky is sticking with his best available 11 and formation.
Up the reds.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2024, 07:10:25 PM »

Huge credit must go to the management team for learning from previous poor outcomes - firstly by sticking with your first XI but also by showing much more willingness to ring the changes earlier on - rotating from the start and then running everyone into the ground for 90 really was the worst of both worlds and I have no idea why we did it.

The double change exactly midway through the second half was absolutely spot on, in terms of timing and personnel - and effectively ended their spell of pressure. George Wilson is having to learn fast at this level and was starting to look a touch ragged, whereas Newbs has played a lot of minutes compared to JD. Mitch Hancox made a positive contribution in the last 25.

I think Jake Cooper deserves a shout out too, for bouncing back so well after Gateshead - he looks assured taking the ball under pressure and saved the skin of Lewis Baines in the first half when he uncharacteristically lost the ball when committed quite high beyond the defensive line.

Regan Linney is so dogged and crucial to everything we do - I feared his deflected shot off the post might have been a bit of a sliding doors moment, and he definitely deserved a goal for his efforts.

The lads should all hopefully feel fresher for Dorking and let's hope we can get Justin back too.

What an Easter!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 07:12:18 PM by MarpleAlty »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2024, 07:16:09 PM »

great work from ground staff to prepare the pitch. i feared for it when driving to ground.

the segregation worked a treat so big well done to the club

the match made me sick esp 2nd half. balls of steel our defence. don't know why newby was withdrawn and not donawa.

how lunstram doesnt start for them is bizarre.

This
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2024, 08:21:07 PM »

great work from ground staff to prepare the pitch. i feared for it when driving to ground.

the segregation worked a treat so big well done to the club

the match made me sick esp 2nd half. balls of steel our defence. don't know why newby was withdrawn and not donawa.

how lunstram doesnt start for them is bizarre.

This

Beat me to it Mick!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2024, 08:55:09 AM »

Lundstram had been unwell in the week so did not start I heard.

Fantastic performance overall, as we tired the double substitution was spot on. We didn't freeze on TNT for a change.

Personally I felt Kiddy were more of a challenge than Oldham. Nearly at the play offs, would be great if could get high enough for a home tie. Credit to grounds staff getting game on as Fylde and Halifax fell foul to the weather. Great support and hopefully more of the floaters will become regulars.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2024, 11:08:48 PM »

Just to add as well from an organisational point of view for such a large gate I thought things ran very smoothly. No queues to get in on the Pop Side turnstiles shortly after 2, usual quick service in the FZ & stewarding light touch. A good model for how Moss Lane could operate in League 2 I think. Not sure how it was in the CSH, for those in the Main Stand/Golf Road.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2024, 06:13:37 PM »

Just to add as well from an organisational point of view for such a large gate I thought things ran very smoothly. No queues to get in on the Pop Side turnstiles shortly after 2, usual quick service in the FZ & stewarding light touch. A good model for how Moss Lane could operate in League 2 I think. Not sure how it was in the CSH, for those in the Main Stand/Golf Road.

Apart from the announcements after the break. It was cringe worthy.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham Match Thread